The Student Room Group

Relationship problem

Me and my partner have a child together, we’ve struggled to keep the relationship going ever since having a child as I deal with postpartum depression and we hit a bad brick wall couple of weeks ago..
We’ve said that we will both try to make the relationship work to see if there is actually something there.. my main problem with him is that he is constantly on his phone and I’ve mentioned it so many times and he still continues you be on it all the time and I’m so drained of being out 2nd when it comes to his phone.
What can I do/say to him or do I just move on bcos who wants someone who is glued to their phone 24/7 and even for me to mention it to him and he still continues to do it???
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Me and my partner have a child together, we’ve struggled to keep the relationship going ever since having a child as I deal with postpartum depression and we hit a bad brick wall couple of weeks ago..
We’ve said that we will both try to make the relationship work to see if there is actually something there.. my main problem with him is that he is constantly on his phone and I’ve mentioned it so many times and he still continues you be on it all the time and I’m so drained of being out 2nd when it comes to his phone.
What can I do/say to him or do I just move on bcos who wants someone who is glued to their phone 24/7 and even for me to mention it to him and he still continues to do it???

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are going through struggles and that things have been difficult for you - your partner may be stressed too with everything that is going on and having a child is a big life change so it is going to affect both of you - it could be that your partner uses his phone to destress by looking at other things - but maybe understand why he goes on his phone so much. It may also be worth going to couple's therapy or even therapy for your post partum depression to help you both feel better about things and honestly it sounds like he may be going on his phone so often because you guys may not be engaging with each other as much as you previously did (this is understandable as you've both gotten another person to think about now too with having the child) - if you're interested in rekindling the relationship you guys could ask your parents to babysit whilst having a date night; it could be something as simple as a nice dinner at home and take time out for each other with a rule that phones aren't around during date nights as you both want to focus on each other. You could even go out on walks with your child and it'll be nice to spend time together as a family.

I think it would be quite silly to move on from the father of your child just because he is using his phone too often - you've been through so much together and an entire pregnancy! talk to him and see how he feels about things too and try to do some new and different things to change up your routines together - I hope things get better for you both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending