The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do we know that they will definitely be sending out invitations this week? x
Original post by eemooz
Hahaha same tbh 😂😂😂

I've booked myself a Christmas party of some kind every evening this week. It should help keep me distracted and maybe even be fun!
Original post by kgibson1989
Do we know that they will definitely be sending out invitations this week? x

This is what their email said:

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? Completing the survey does not guarantee that you will proceed through the second round of selection; a number of applicants are rejected at this stage. If you are successful in our second round of selection you will be invited to our Selection Centre. Invitations will go out in the week commencing 12 December 2016. You will be required to choose your Selection Centre date using our online system which will open between 14 18 December 2016.

So they might only be sending them out on the 14th but seems to be definitely this week.
Original post by mamly042
This is what their email said:

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? Completing the survey does not guarantee that you will proceed through the second round of selection; a number of applicants are rejected at this stage. If you are successful in our second round of selection you will be invited to our Selection Centre. Invitations will go out in the week commencing 12 December 2016. You will be required to choose your Selection Centre date using our online system which will open between 14 18 December 2016.

So they might only be sending them out on the 14th but seems to be definitely this week.

Ok thanks. I phoned the other day to ask how many extra points I have received for my Masters but they wouldn't tell me 😒
Ok thanks. I phoned the other day to ask how many extra points I have received for my Masters but they wouldn't tell me 😒

Don`t know about that one, sorry. What did you get in your Ukcat?
Original post by mamly042
Don`t know about that one, sorry. What did you get in your Ukcat?

I got 696 which is why my Masters is important as I think I am probably one of the lowest. I wonder how they reject people at this stage?
I got 696 which is why my Masters is important as I think I am probably one of the lowest. I wonder how they reject people at this stage?

Ah right I see. That is a tricky one. Well hopefully whatever they will give you extra for having a Masters will be enough for an interview. Good luck with your application :smile:
Does anyone know how many extra points you get for a Masters?

It's not a fixed rule, such as 'you get 5 extra points added to your ukcat score if you have a masters'. If it is, they're not open about it. I'd imagine they somehow rate candidates and assign them an admissions score based on verbal reasoning, total score, and highest degree.
Am assuming no one heard anything today then? Am leaning more towards the idea that they'll send them out on Wednesday as that's when they said the portal to book selection days opens
Reply 589
Original post by greenfeather
Am assuming no one heard anything today then? Am leaning more towards the idea that they'll send them out on Wednesday as that's when they said the portal to book selection days opens

Yeah I haven't heard anything either. I agree, it'll probably be either tomorrow or Wed
Hi!

I'm new to the thread but just been reading through. I'm a psych student that has applied for Warwick, Southampton and Newcastle! My UKCAT was 715 but I'm only predicted a 2:1 in my undergraduate degree.

Spent all day hoping that I would get an email! So glad to see that no one else has received an invitation to interview yet either!

Good Luck everyone!
Original post by Mincepiemmmm
It's not a fixed rule, such as 'you get 5 extra points added to your ukcat score if you have a masters'. If it is, they're not open about it. I'd imagine they somehow rate candidates and assign them an admissions score based on verbal reasoning, total score, and highest degree.

Ok thanks for your help, I guess we won't really know how they do it! I wonder how many people get rejected after submitting the work experience survey with 70+ hours? I haven't heard anything today 😞
Original post by rheannamorton
Hi!

I'm new to the thread but just been reading through. I'm a psych student that has applied for Warwick, Southampton and Newcastle! My UKCAT was 715 but I'm only predicted a 2:1 in my undergraduate degree.

Spent all day hoping that I would get an email! So glad to see that no one else has received an invitation to interview yet either!

Good Luck everyone!

Hi! I've been waiting all day too!
Have you received an invitation to interview at Southampton?
Hi! I've been waiting all day too!
Have you received an invitation to interview at Southampton?

Hi,

No, not yet. I received an email on the 23rd Nov saying that they were still looking through the applications and not to panic, basically.
Slightly worried because interviews are early Jan.

Not heard anything at all from Newcastle other than an email saying they've received my application!
Original post by rheannamorton
Hi!

Good Luck everyone!

Our stats are really similar but I'm a biomed undergrad! 710 UKCAT! Good luck!
Nice!

I'm so glad that Warwick don't take the type of degree into account!

You too!
Apparently people last year didn't get the interview email until about a day or two after the portal opened to book interviews.
Reply 597
I spoke to them after receiving the work experience email. The first round of shortlisting is purely academic, so if you have received the email regarding work experience the only thing that will stop you progressing to interview is not having the required work experience (I think).
Original post by Rmatsm
I spoke to them after receiving the work experience email. The first round of shortlisting is purely academic, so if you have received the email regarding work experience the only thing that will stop you progressing to interview is not having the required work experience (I think).

That's how I interpreted the e-mail
Reply 599
Original post by Mincepiemmmm
I've booked myself a Christmas party of some kind every evening this week. It should help keep me distracted and maybe even be fun!

Oooo sounds fun, enjoy yourself! I'm on annual leave from work - at probably the worst time hahaha - so cant think about anything else!

Latest

Trending

Trending