The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quilverine
I had one reference a bit like that, I printed out the email that showed all the sender/recipient data.

Good idea, I will ring Warwick to check that's ok. So annoying when I'm putting in all this hard work that they can't be bothered to do a simple reference properly!
Reply 781
For anyone worried about their references, the admissions team responded to my email and said that they give applicants a further week after interview to send their references if they don't have them in time for the selection centre. And they only need references to cover 70 hours so if you're missing some references but the ones you do have cover 70 hours you don't need to worry about getting the missing ones. Hope that helps and good luck for your interviews :smile:
Original post by Nav43
For anyone worried about their references, the admissions team responded to my email and said that they give applicants a further week after interview to send their references if they don't have them in time for the selection centre. And they only need references to cover 70 hours so if you're missing some references but the ones you do have cover 70 hours you don't need to worry about getting the missing ones. Hope that helps and good luck for your interviews :smile:

did they mention if its ok to print the email trails in case of a nonresponsive referee? i think they allowed this last year but maybe theyve changed the rules. my 2 references so far add up to just under 60h and the 3rd itself includes 55h of volunteering work. the same person was always very keen to have me help out and asked for availability to help even last month when i had a full time job (happily did so). i find it quite disheartening that the one time i actually need something and it's ignored. /rant
well i guess there's still time, otherwise the email trail is the best i can offer :frown:
Original post by bmd2
I'm in a similar position using email trails for both my references as they didn't have letter headed paper so fingers crossed. My interview is tomorrow so I should be able to let you know if they aren't acceptable!

wow GOOD LUCK!
Good luck to everyone who has interviews tomorrow and for the rest of the week 😊
Original post by bmd2
I'm in a similar position using email trails for both my references as they didn't have letter headed paper so fingers crossed. My interview is tomorrow so I should be able to let you know if they aren't acceptable!

Good luck!!! Mines on Friday and I'm so nervous but excited!!
My interview is tomorow at 2:00! I feel prepared but I think my love of Warwick is making me so nervous. It feels like I've been working towards this goal for years now and I'm scared I'll fail at the final hurdle. I didn't have a chance to practice with anyone except friends and family, course was out of budget for me really. I'm just going to paint my nails, watch some TV and relax this evening and head over with time. Good luck to everyone tomorow and the coming week!

And P.S. If you are arriving by train/public transport, leave plenty of time as it can be a bit unreliable. I'm doing my undergrad at Warwick so if anyone has any questions about locations or buses etc, let me know and I'll try help!
Please please don't forget, the medical school is not on main campus, but a 5/10 min walk away so get acquainted with the map!
Original post by gaby_xo
My interview is tomorow at 2:00! I feel prepared but I think my love of Warwick is making me so nervous. It feels like I've been working towards this goal for years now and I'm scared I'll fail at the final hurdle. I didn't have a chance to practice with anyone except friends and family, course was out of budget for me really. I'm just going to paint my nails, watch some TV and relax this evening and head over with time. Good luck to everyone tomorow and the coming week!

And P.S. If you are arriving by train/public transport, leave plenty of time as it can be a bit unreliable. I'm doing my undergrad at Warwick so if anyone has any questions about locations or buses etc, let me know and I'll try help!
Please please don't forget, the medical school is not on main campus, but a 5/10 min walk away so get acquainted with the map!

Aww good luck!!! I totally understand how you feel and I've got that same feeling of i hope I don't fall at the final hurdle! Fingers crossed it'll be okay.

Having a relaxing evening sounds like the best thing to do. Let us know how you get on! Maybe silly question but what are.you going to wear!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 788
Original post by Hugh Laurie
did they mention if its ok to print the email trails in case of a nonresponsive referee? i think they allowed this last year but maybe theyve changed the rules. my 2 references so far add up to just under 60h and the 3rd itself includes 55h of volunteering work. the same person was always very keen to have me help out and asked for availability to help even last month when i had a full time job (happily did so). i find it quite disheartening that the one time i actually need something and it's ignored. /rant
well i guess there's still time, otherwise the email trail is the best i can offer :frown:

To be honest, I didn't ask about an email trail because my other two references add up to 75 hours so they said they won't need the third reference. I'd say take the emails with you to your interview and hopefully they'll accept them but if not you'll have a week to get the reference. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :frown:
Original post by michrab123
Aww good luck!!! I totally understand how you feel and I've got that same feeling of i hope I don't fall at the final hurdle! Fingers crossed it'll be okay.

Having a relaxing evening sounds like the best thing to do. Let us know how you get on! Maybe silly question but what are.you going to wear!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do! I'm going to wear a grey flowy dress that's just below the knee, with tights and black flat shoes. I'm also painting my nails a light grey or nude, haven't decided yet! It's not silly, we all wanna feel confident as possible and no one wants to stand out too icy!
Good luck to those with interviews today!
Reply 791
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THERE TODAY :smile:!! Anyone interviewing tomorrow?xx
Original post by Emmawinterson
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THERE TODAY :smile:!! Anyone interviewing tomorrow?xx

I am! 1 o'clock. Good luck everyone.
My interview is tomorrow, staying over at a hotel tonight. The nerves are real.
Reply 794
Original post by Marathi
My interview is tomorrow, staying over at a hotel tonight. The nerves are real.

Good luck!
will the stations be held in an open room or private rooms? and im guessing we wont be able to write stuff down, only read a piece of paper and remember it before going in (can we bring it into the room with us)? argh im getting really nervous too and mines on saturday!
will the stations be held in an open room or private rooms? and im guessing we wont be able to write stuff down, only read a piece of paper and remember it before going in (can we bring it into the room with us)? argh im getting really nervous too and mines on saturday!

Mine is Saturday too! Panic set in this morning.
Original post by Medici103

what time is yours? im the last slot, actually regretting it now because its going to be pitch black when i come out!
Hope everyone's interviews went well today - mine's not til Friday but I'm travelling down tomorrow and staying the night. Starting to panic!

Original post by Medici103

Mine is sat too at 11am! Argh!

At leicester, there was a copy of the instructions in the booth with us, as well as on the door outside. Hopefully it will be similar.

Latest

Trending

Trending