The Student Room Group

When can I get the accept or reject from university?

I received my IB result yesterday. Unfortunately, it is 1 point below the university minimum requirement. When can I get the offical reject or accept message from university or UCAS?
Reply 1
Original post by Patrick Yeung
I received my IB result yesterday. Unfortunately, it is 1 point below the university minimum requirement. When can I get the offical reject or accept message from university or UCAS?

They may wait until the A-level results come out to see how everyone else has done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
They may wait until the A-level results come out to see how everyone else has done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait until 18 Aug. Then it will miss other university Clearing offer.
Reply 3
Wait until 18 Aug. Then it will miss other university Clearing offer.

That's when most of the Clearing places are made available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call them up (don't email) today and ASK them when they'll make a decision.

If they're putting you off until results day then you can try calling their bluff and saying that you're interested in getting a place elsewhere through clearing and don't want to be kept waiting only to be rejected late. They're likely in that situation to either accept you straight away or reject you (and the chances are they'll only reject you if that's what is likely to happen in August anyway).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending