The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sahmed2
Yeah alhamdulillah, your course is starting on Monday right?

Yep. Looking forward to it Insha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 761
Original post by HAnwar
Yep. Looking forward to it Insha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's gonna be quite intense so make sure you're prepared.
Original post by sahmed2

What course is this m8
Reply 763
Reply 764
Reply 765
Original post by sahmed2

Ah ok. Anything I need beforehand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
SubhanAllah great video. I'd advise everyone to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Yz3Hf1Ekw

:top: awesome vid, jazaakillahu khayraa

Original post by HAnwar
I had a weird dream today which I wanna share.So this young girl comes up to me and asks me to teach her how to recite the Quran. I get a Quran out and open it, ready to begin. As I start reciting I realise something is wrong. The words are jumbled up, not in their correct places and there are words missing! I'm left confused so I pick up another Quran from the shelf. When I open it, again I see blanks! I keep taking another Quran and then another, but the same thing happens with all of them.The last thing I remember is that I'm panicking but I hide this from the girl and try and recite to her what's left of it.There is probably no real meaning behind this dream, but as I was reading surah Kahf today I was thinking how I should really try and memorise the Quran, just in case something was to happen.Just felt like putting this out there Posted from TSR Mobile
SubhaanAllah. We should indeed seek to memorise the Quran, even if partially. We should also seek to understand it with a deep understanding and to apply it correctly to our daily lives - whether this is regarding a ruling, instruction, advice and whatever else. May Allah ta'ala make this easy for us and bestow His favour upon us.
Original post by ash92:)
:top: awesome vid, jazaakillahu khayraa

SubhaanAllah. We should indeed seek to memorise the Quran, even if partially. We should also seek to understand it with a deep understanding and to apply it correctly to our daily lives - whether this is regarding a ruling, instruction, advice and whatever else. May Allah ta'ala make this easy for us and bestow His favour upon us.

BarakAllahu feek.

Ameen :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
“If you do not find any sweetness and relaxation in your heart from a [good] deed, then you should suspect your heart.

Verily,Allâh is Ash Shakoor. That is, He must reward the doer of the deed for his deed in this world by a sweetness he finds in his heart, a stronger feeling of relaxation and a joy in his eyes.

If the person does not find these things, it means that something has entered upon his deed [and made it not correct and purely for Allâh’s sake].”

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
Original post by h333
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un. Tragic.
Ameen.

As for the protest I do not approve if it entirely. Allahu Alam.

Idk what the protest was for but it's so sad to see many people killed and injured :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
“The degree to which a person is helped and aided by Allah depends on the degree of his intention, drive, aim and hopes. Help from Allah comes to people in proportion to their drive, intention, hopes and fears, and failure comes to them in like manner.”

"Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the dunya.

Whosoever causes his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquil.

And whosoever sends it amongst the people shall be excessively perturbed."

“The servant is never in need of any other thing as much as he is need of guidance to the straight path.”

"The world is like a shadow, you see it move here and there thinking it is real, and attempt to run after it, only to discover that it was an illusion."

Original post by Hydeman
Well, it is summer...
I still use very hot water for showering. :getmecoat:

Bloody hell. You scared of cold water? :tongue:

Original post by ZuluK
I've had 3 cold showers today just to cool down! Don't like summer :redface:

The weather is getting better but it's still hot lol
I like it when it rains.

Original post by h333
Salaam sis x

I still use warm water but cold for drinking obvs :tongue:

Alhamdulillah.

EXACTLY!!!!

Walaykum asalaam

I don't at all haha

@HAnwar couldn't PM bc battery charge was low.
Original post by Incredible97
“If you do not find any sweetness and relaxation in your heart from a [good] deed, then you should suspect your heart.

Verily,Allâh is Ash Shakoor. That is, He must reward the doer of the deed for his deed in this world by a sweetness he finds in his heart, a stronger feeling of relaxation and a joy in his eyes.

If the person does not find these things, it means that something has entered upon his deed [and made it not correct and purely for Allâh’s sake].”

SubhaanAllah. Imam al-Ghazali رحمه الله explained, with regards to this attribute of Allah ta'ala, essentially that He is ash-Shakoor, the one that rewards deeds which may be inadequate, which may be done with half an effort, which may have error or mistake, which are finite and short-lived...with a reward that is greater than one could imagine, with a reward that is long-lasting (i.e. in jannah).

(paraphrased)
Original post by ZuluK
Jazakallah khayr. I don't know. I lost my grandad yesterday evening and only now have I been able to cry whilst watching the video of Hazrat Ayub. Allah swt is testing us and thank you for your message! You don't know how much it means. Friends and family say "sorry for your loss, let us know if we can do anything" but it doesn't seem sincere. I'm trying my hardest to hold onto Allah. My hardest. But right now, I'm falling apart. :redface: Ya Allah, forgive me for these thoughts. Jazakallah for your message. It's helped me a lot more than my family and friends have been able to offer and for that I'm eternally grateful.

I guess it seems meaningless when they say this because you know. You know that it isn't anyone's fault. Deep down, you know that all things have a set measure of time, that everything except the Creator is finite and will come to an end. Whether it is an ant crawling on the ground, a bird building a nest in the tree, an elephant roaming the land with its might, a mole hidden underground, the fish below the surface of the sea - all shall live according to His decree and eventually come to an end. Whether it is the withering away of the leaves of a tree, or the growth of new shoots which sprout from its branches, this is all a reminder that this dunya is not permanent, that we come here, stay and then move on.

تَبَارَكَ الَّذِي بِيَدِهِ الْمُلْكُ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things.

الَّذِي خَلَقَ الْمَوْتَ وَالْحَيَاةَ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلًا ۚ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْغَفُورُ
[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -

الَّذِي خَلَقَ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ طِبَاقًا ۖ مَّا تَرَىٰ فِي خَلْقِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ مِن تَفَاوُتٍ ۖ فَارْجِعِ الْبَصَرَ هَلْ تَرَىٰ مِن فُطُورٍ
[And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any rifts?

[Surah al-Mulk, ayaat 1-3]

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK
That is true. Even though Allah knows what is in my heart, I think I just need to actually say it out loud and make sense of it myself. Inshalah, Allah will carry on guiding me on the right path. I just pray that I get my full Imaan back and that this stumble is only a stumble.

SubhaanAllah. Remember sister, it is only after we have fallen to our knees that we rise back up and ground ourselves firmly on our feet, prepared to keep going. As for fluctuation in the strength of our faith, know that faith is centred in the heart, and the heart is called 'qalb' as its state is constantly in change. Know that if you keep your heart engulfed in the ocean of His remembrance at times of ease, so too will His remembrance run through every corner of it at times of difficulty. This is something that we must all work on constantly, for it is not just our laziness and procrastination that we have to battle with to seek nearness to Allah, but it is also the waswasah of the unrelenting opposer of mankind.

The Messenger of Allah would often supplicate:

"‏ "‏يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك‏
(O Controller of the hearts make my heart steadfast in Your religion).

Spoiler

Let each act of 'ibadah begin by you assessing its sincerity for He whose pleasure and rahmah you seek. Once the intention is affirmed, review yourself in comparison to His Majesty, His Magnamity, His Omnipotence - and this will alow khushoo' (humbleness) to settle in the heart. Then seek to perform the act of 'ibadah. This is advice to myself, first and foremost, but advice that I hope can inspire us all, if Allah wills it.

Original post by Al-farhan
May Allah swt have mercy on your grandfather, and may he swt wash away his sins and purify him as dirt is washed from the white garment.May he swt bring you two, and your family, and us all and all the muslims in the company of the beloved Mohamed pbuh.And may he give you strength and be your rock in this time of need.Words cannot convey how sad a news this is.We only have to say what the prophet pbuh said: The eyes tear up, and there is sadness in the heart, but we say only what Pleases Allah.Inalilah wa inaa ilayhi raji'oon
Ameen
Original post by HAnwar
Salam Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. That is very upsetting to hear. I can't imagine what you're going through SubhanAllah. May Allah (SWT) have mercy on him, grant him a high place in jannah and relieve you and your family's suffering. Know that one day we will all have to return to our creator. Even the greatest man to walk this earth did not live forever. Insha Allah we will all be reunited in jannah with our loved ones. Isolate yourself for a bit, and just listen to the Quran and try and really reflect on what is being said with the translation in front of you. This is one of the things that really helps me when I'm having a bad day. Feel free to PM me if you want to get everything off your chest, or if you want a general chit chat to get your mind off things. Stay strong :smile:Posted from TSR Mobile
Ameen:top:
Original post by h333
@ZuluK Assalamu Alaikum sis <33 Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raj'iun. :frown:I am sorry to hear about your loss. May Allah grant your grandfather jannah. Ameen. May Allah grant you and your family sabr. Ameen.I understand how you must be feeling right now, I have lost so many of my close relatives one after the other. But Allah knows best SubhanAllah. This is our destination indeed as every soul will taste death. Let your tears flow out and open up to Allah SWT sister. Ask Allah to bless you with sabr and mercy insha'Allah. Prayer is the solution SubhanAllah. Feel free to PM sis anytime xxxx <3
Ameen. SubhaanAllah. Indeed, let the tears flow - for it is the tears brought forth from a sincere heart which nourish the soil of the soul and allow the growth of one's relationship with the Rabb.
(edited 7 years ago)
A lot of people have been killed in Kabul today. Keep them in your duas inshaAllah.
Original post by Leukocyte
Bloody hell. You scared of cold water? :tongue:

Not scared; I just hate how it feels. :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending