The Student Room Group

I was a catfish for 10 years. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello.

I understand it is very addicting and I never imagined myself stopping.

Depends how many people you are catfishing and what kind of life you've built with it.

Ultimately it all comes down to how much energy you can commit to it and if there's anyone left that's worth catfishing.

I left it all behind when the last person I had in my catfish life was gone and I didn't have the energy to start all over again with new people.

Good luck!

So I've finally given up my catfish life. After dealing with a pretty bad break-up with somebody I cared about (but was lying to for about six months) I decided to come clean. It sucked bad but he and I ended up meeting up in person & decided to still be friends. He's mad at me still but I think he must have some care for me or understand the reason why I did it in the first place. Aside from him, I also came clean to a couple of other people I had catfished. I don't ever want to go back to that lifestyle, although sometimes the thought crosses my mind. It's weird how the catfish persona kind of becomes a part of you. In a way, I feel like I've lost part of myself, but I'm working on trying to mesh the two versions of myself together instead of using one or the other. I don't think most understand how addicting catfishing becomes. Regardless what your reasons are, it becomes so difficult to stop... especially when feelings are involved. Lots of irrational decisions. Just glad I was able to come clean and be received better than anticipated. Now I can only hope to make up for what I did and simply be a better person from now on.
I'm a UK-based TV Producer working on a new reality dating show. Is there anyone on here who is in an online relationship but never actually met them in person or had a videochat? if so, I'd love to chat to you...So you know, just speaking to us is by no means a commitment to take part in the show...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending