The Student Room Group

Can love develop slowly from not much?

Let's say you like each other initially but that's about it. You have some similar priorities which is great. But you haven't talked much. This is one of my WhatsApp friends and I'm wondering about the potential for the relationship. Does love need to begin with a lot of conversation when you first know each other. Or could it develop through this WhatsApp contact?
What do you mean by WhatsApp friend? Do you not talk irl?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
What do you mean by WhatsApp friend? Do you not talk irl?

She's in another place
It could definitely blossom into a long-distance relationship... if that's what you mean!
Just don't have any expectations. It should just happen naturally. Don't put any pressure on it.
Reply 4
Yeah thanks. I'm not putting pressure on it I'm just curious how you ascertain compatibility or chemistry without having met yet and only spoken a bit on WhatsApp. She does have similar priorities to me though which is a start.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yeah thanks. I'm not putting pressure on it I'm just curious how you ascertain compatibility or chemistry without having met yet and only spoken a bit on WhatsApp. She does have similar priorities to me though which is a start.

How do you even know who you are communicating with? Are they genuine or just responding to your thoughts?
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
How do you even know who you are communicating with? Are they genuine or just responding to your thoughts?

What do you mean how do I know who it is? We met on a dating app
Reply 7
What do you mean how do I know who it is? We met on a dating app

You said she is a WhatsApp friend!

Doesn't mean she's not a catfish or just playing along to what you say. Have you videocalled? Arranged to meet (safely)? You need to see if you can hold a proper conversation with her and how she interacts with other people, not just you.
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
You said she is a WhatsApp friend!

Doesn't mean she's not a catfish or just playing along to what you say. Have you videocalled? Arranged to meet (safely)? You need to see if you can hold a proper conversation with her and how she interacts with other people, not just you.

She's not catfish.
Reply 9
She's not catfish.

Again, how do you know? You didn't answer all my questions..
Reply 10
Original post by Surnia
Again, how do you know? You didn't answer all my questions..

Because I know her. I'm bored of people who are so determined to PROJECT their issues onto me. You may believe in some paranoid world where everyone you attempt to know is catfish but I don't thanks. Got enough experience to knock w who is and who isnt.
Reply 11
Because I know her. I'm bored of people who are so determined to PROJECT their issues onto me. You may believe in some paranoid world where everyone you attempt to know is catfish but I don't thanks. Got enough experience to knock w who is and who isnt.

How do you 'know' her if you haven't talked much; that was the whole point of your thread. Have you facetimed? When are you going g to meet up and spend time together, because that's the way for a proper relationship to develop?
Reply 12
Original post by Surnia
How do you 'know' her if you haven't talked much; that was the whole point of your thread. Have you facetimed? When are you going g to meet up and spend time together, because that's the way for a proper relationship to develop?

Yawn
Reply 13
Yawn

OK. To answer your questions, then: no, yes, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending