The Student Room Group

Transferring

Hey guys
I'm thinking of transferring university at the end of second year and just want to know how people think it would go.

Some background. I study an accredited degree at Northumbria, I've just finished my first year with a 65% average (73% in the area is like to write my dissertation on) . In addition to my study's I am in the UOTC and president of one of the university's political society's. I want to transfer to Reading on the same course (both are accredited by the same body) because Reading is the best uni in the country for my field.

The requirements for my course at Reading are ABB/BBB excluding general studies however at Alevel I messed up maths (B at AS) in A2 getting a D along with 3 B's (economics, history and general studies).

In summary I haven't got the Alevels for reading and I'd like to know if anyone thinks they would consider a transfer request from me after I have finished my second year if I improve my average to say around 80%. Would they take into account my extra curricular activities whilst at uni and my success in the subject or would my Alevels cut me down before they even consider me.

Thanks guys
(edited 7 years ago)
They may consider you based on your A levels and your first year grades but unis don't generally care about extra curriculars so don't bank on those. Email them and ask how they'd view you.
Original post by DanD97
Hey guys
I'm thinking of transferring university at the end of second year and just want to know how people think it would go.

Some background. I study an accredited degree at Northumbria, I've just finished my first year with a 65% average (73% in the area is like to write my dissertation on) . In addition to my study's I am in the UOTC and president of one of the university's political society's. I want to transfer to Reading on the same course (both are accredited by the same body) because Reading is the best uni in the country for my field.

The requirements for my course at Reading are ABB/BBB excluding general studies however at Alevel I messed up maths (B at AS) in A2 getting a D along with 3 B's (economics, history and general studies).

In summary I haven't got the Alevels for reading and I'd like to know if anyone thinks they would consider a transfer request from me after I have finished my second year if I improve my average to say around 80%. Would they take into account my extra curricular activities whilst at uni and my success in the subject or would my Alevels cut me down before they even consider me.

Thanks guys

It is extremely rare for a university to accept a transfer into third year. The circumstances have to be exceptional and yours aren't.
Reply 3
Original post by DanD97
Hey guys

Thanks guys

Unlikely. If it matters that much, do your MA at Reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending