The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

MSc clinical psychology Goldsmiths Vs Royal Holloway

Hi,
I have received an unconditional offer for the MSc Clinical Psychology at Royal Holloway and MSc foundations in clinical psychology and health services for this september… i also got an unconditional offer from the university of Birmingham, university of Hull and the university of Essex. However i narrowed it down to RHUL and Goldsmiths. I was wondering what would be the best option to choose, looking at the living costs, social life and course. I know RHUL is one of the top for psychology but is it good enough to live away from central london life, which i adore?
I've visited goldsmiths. Although the area isn't as nice… is it a good area to live ? (price and social life)
(edited 7 years ago)
Looks like you've identified what is important to you. All you need to do now is do some research and work out which uni comes out on top in terms of the things you mention. In terms of course go where it's more interesting and you'll get more out of the experience.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by Raf_94
Hi,
I have received an unconditional offer for the MSc Clinical Psychology at Royal Holloway and MSc foundations in clinical psychology and health services for this september… i also got an unconditional offer from the university of Birmingham, university of Hull and the university of Essex. However i narrowed it down to RHUL and Goldsmiths. I was wondering what would be the best option to choose, looking at the living costs, social life and course. I know RHUL is one of the top for psychology but is it good enough to live away from central london life, which i adore?
I've visited goldsmiths. Although the area isn't as nice… is it a good area to live ? (price and social life)

Hiya I'm apart of the psych soc at RHUL and I am in my third year studying Psychology! RHUL is a gorgeous university as you probably already know and the lecturers in Psych are amazing (they are all world renowned researchers/lecturers). Living costs are what you would expect of a Surrey university, quite expensive but the university offers a higher student loan (around £7000) due to being so close to London.

And that leads me onto the location! You can get a train direct to Waterloo station, this will take you around 30/40 minutes. So you really are not far away from central london!:smile: The social life is pretty good at RHUL, there is an SU which has something going on every night. The societies also hold their own events (e.g. the psychology society are planning a 'crawl of duty' in freshers week!) Again you are close to london which means alot of events are held there with a coach going there and back.

The course in my opinion is excellent in third year you do a research project (I'm researching conduct disorder in children) and choose your own courses, e.g. adult psychological problems, the social brain, developmental studies etc. If you have any questions about RHUL or Psychology please feel free to message me or message the Psych soc facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/rhulpsychsoc/?fref=ts

P.S we are linked to Goldsmiths uni! My supervisor has an ongoing project with them

Hopefully we will see you in September! Good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 3Bs predicted 3As - aaaaaahhhhhh!!! Goldsmiths rejected me for clinical psychology but Holloway gave me an offer...
Reply 4
Hi :smile: I decided to choose RHUL for the exact same reasons you noted! It's a gorgeous uni and the standard of education seems to be higher than goldsmiths university.
I'm not sure what 'crawl of duty' entails of but i can't wait! Count me in haha

Thank You for a wonderful reply and see you soon! 😄
Really looking forward to Freshers crawl and studying psychology at such a beautiful place!!!! Excited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending