The Student Room Group

Cardiff University Medicine Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jorav
Ohhhh. Well we haven't gotten the link to the eventbrite page yet... just the email. But that numeracy thing is concerning. I have never seen anywhere say that MMI could have it.

If anyone finds something can you post please :biggrin: I'll look too.

Hey,
Ive had 2 MMIs at both Cardiff and Leicester and both have had calculation stations. My Keele one has a half an hour maths test. So yes, MMIs can have maths questions!

Good luck!
Original post by Gap yaaah
Wow a half an hour maths test seems really excessive!
Hopefully you'll get a calculator for that one just like the Cardiff one.

Doesn't it?
Wait hold up, you got a calculator at cardiff?!?! I didn't have one ffs!!!
Reply 582
Original post by aRandomGuy
Doesn't it?
Wait hold up, you got a calculator at cardiff?!?! I didn't have one ffs!!!

But do you really need one? You get pen and paper or its mental math ?
Original post by Jorav
But do you really need one? You get pen and paper or its mental math ?

No, I personally didn't need one - the calculations aren't too bad, but its not mental maths, they provide you with pen and paper and I definitely had to do working outs!
Will Cardiff be sending out more international interviews soon, or did they finish giving them out?
Reply 585
Original post by Jamestoti
Will Cardiff be sending out more international interviews soon, or did they finish giving them out?

I got mine on the 23rd December... it's so strange if you haven't heard back yet because if you do get one you'd have limited time to pull together your flights plans etc.
Couldn't there be another batch for internationals later in February?
Reply 587
Original post by Jamestoti
Couldn't there be another batch for internationals later in February?

There is nothing anywhere suggesting this possibility as far as I know... but then again I'm not too sure because the dates we got ( 26th /27 th Jan) weren't within the original framework of the " 3 week " period that they had allotted for interviews. The last date for interviews was supposed to be the 25th. Somewhere higher up in this thread there was a conversation about that because I thought that maybe it was only internationals on those days but then a UK student said that they had been given those dates too.

But according to the information on their website all invitations for interview would have gone out before Christmas. But again I'm not too sure if things have changed.

Also people who were interviewed already said that offers would be given out early to mid February. They were told this by Cardiff reps themselves so I'm honestly not too sure.

I really do hope that they don't make you guys wait all this time if they do not intend to interview you.

Maybe someone else has more insight ?
Guys shouldn't we have received our eventbrite links yet? I still don't have anything yet
Reply 589
Original post by SpookyCake
Guys shouldn't we have received our eventbrite links yet? I still don't have anything yet

Same. I was wondering if to email them today or tomorrow since they did say by the 9th. But since no one else seems to have gotten the links yet I think I'll wait till tomorrow. Or at least until 12 noon ( 4pm UK time ).
Original post by Jorav
Same. I was wondering if to email them today or tomorrow since they did say by the 9th. But since no one else seems to have gotten the links yet I think I'll wait till tomorrow. Or at least until 12 noon ( 4pm UK time ).

Same.I'll ask for the link tomorrow
Original post by SpookyCake
Same.I'll ask for the link tomorrow

Thought I was the only one! I am planning to email them at 4pm ish?
Original post by Jorav

5pm and didn't receive anything so I emailed them just now
Will cardiff question us on our personal statements? I cant see how they could fit this in given the station titles in the email..
Original post by Jorav
That's odd. On my interview invite email there was no list... This is all it said:
" Dear Applicant, Congratulations - You have been shortlisted for an interview at Cardiff University's Medical School. In January you will receive an email link to our online interview booking system. Please check your junk/spam/clutter or any other folders. Our online booking system is Eventbrite so please look carefully in all your email folders to check you do not miss this. The next email will give you all the information you will need to book your interview slot. Please take the time to read the information carefully. There is a lot to read and I would suggest you allocate time to read it before choosing a slot. Once you have chosen a slot it will be quite difficult to change it so choose carefully. The dates for interview will be the 26th and the 27th of January 2017. Please note our policy states; “All applicants who are being considered for programmes of study leading to the MBBCh degree, including international applicants, will be required to attend an interview. Any applicants to Cardiff University School of Medicine should be prepared to travel to the UK for an interview. Cardiff University is unable to meet any expense incurred.” However, if you are unable to attend an MMI here at Cardiff you will have the opportunity to attend MMI’s via Skype in Malaysia the dates for these MMI’s will be confirmed later but are expected to be within the first weeks of February 2017. If you haven't received the eventbrite link by Monday the 9th of January 2017 please email us on this email address [email protected] (include your UCAS number) and we will check the system. Kind regards, Medical Admissions Team."

Hi, a friend of mine as well as myself are international students and have received the same email from Cardiff but no eventbrite link and we're quite confused... have any international students received it? Since today is the 9th, I emailed them, but I expected them to have sent it by now tbh.
Original post by blackwidow9
Hi, a friend of mine as well as myself are international students and have received the same email from Cardiff but no eventbrite link and we're quite confused... have any international students received it? Since today is the 9th, I emailed them, but I expected them to have sent it by now tbh.

Hi International Student here...same boat! Didn't get the link and so I emailed them at around 5 smth... I am really confused as well? But I guess if some of us on here haven't received it, then many others haven't either ?
My friend from the same school international as well didn't receive anything as well
Maybe its just Cardiff
Reply 596
Original post by impmed2017
Hi International Student here...same boat! Didn't get the link and so I emailed them at around 5 smth... I am really confused as well? But I guess if some of us on here haven't received it, then many others haven't either ?
My friend from the same school international as well didn't receive anything as well
Maybe its just Cardiff

Well their inboxes will be flooded with emails about this 😅 So we should be getting it soon.
Guys the email is here, but the eventbrite link isnt working
nice
I booked Friday 8:30-1:00, so is basically the entire morning right? So they will probably tell us when we get there when the actual MMI starts after the morning presentation?
Reply 599
What is the clearning house number ? There is a field for this on the " fitness to practice " declaration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending