The Student Room Group

Cardiff University Medicine Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

I know that Cardiff sends out offers/rejection results from mid-febuary onwards onto Track, but do any of you know if someone were to get an offer if Cardiff would send an email earlier stating this
Had my interview about 2 weeks ago. I did find it difficult, and I'm not expecting an offer tbh. I think the questions were too open-ended which is not always a good thing. The questions were just awkward.

Think I'm from the very few people who didn't like this interview haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OloMed
Had my interview about 2 weeks ago. I did find it difficult, and I'm not expecting an offer tbh. I think the questions were too open-ended which is not always a good thing. The questions were just awkward.

Think I'm from the very few people who didn't like this interview haha

You're not alone, I agree with you about the questions being awkward and open ended - I also had mine about 2 weeks ago too and I found it quite difficult but we'll just have to wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
You're not alone, I agree with you about the questions being awkward and open ended - I also had mine about 2 weeks ago too and I found it quite difficult but we'll just have to wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes me feel slightly better knowing I'm not the only one, At my interview, the rest found the interviews quite good and were very positive post-interview (except me lol)

Its a shame really, cardiff was genuinely my first choice!

I'm sure you did better than you thought!
Original post by OloMed
Makes me feel slightly better knowing I'm not the only one, At my interview, the rest found the interviews quite good and were very positive post-interview (except me lol)

Its a shame really, cardiff was genuinely my first choice!

I'm sure you did better than you thought!

Really?! Everyone I talked to post interview said they found the questions really weird too and quite difficult. Huh. Maybe you just had an optimistic batch haha.

And thanks, same to you! I'm sure you'll be sitting on an offer in 3 weeks!! And my chem teacher said that the interview is meant to be hard and as long as you gave answers for all, you did fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really?! Everyone I talked to post interview said they found the questions really weird too and quite difficult. Huh. Maybe you just had an optimistic batch haha.

And thanks, same to you! I'm sure you'll be sitting on an offer in 3 weeks!! And my chem teacher said that the interview is meant to be hard and as long as you gave answers for all, you did fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they were all very positive about it.
I did struggle to answer at a few stations, but can only hope for the best now!

Thank you, I hope it works out well for you also.
This wait is killing me haha
Original post by OloMed
Yeah, they were all very positive about it.
I did struggle to answer at a few stations, but can only hope for the best now!

Thank you, I hope it works out well for you also.
This wait is killing me haha

Yeah, exactly! We tried our best at the time and we can't do anything else now.
Aww, I really hope it works out for you tho since it was your first choice (I preferred other places to Cardiff so if Cardiff wasn't my only offer I'd go elsewhere)
Hahah, it'll be so much worse when they start giving out offers and we haven't got one yet! (Believe me it's a killer then)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, exactly! We tried our best at the time and we can't do anything else now.
Aww, I really hope it works out for you tho since it was your first choice (I preferred other places to Cardiff so if Cardiff wasn't my only offer I'd go elsewhere)
Hahah, it'll be so much worse when they start giving out offers and we haven't got one yet! (Believe me it's a killer then)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks- I do believe that people with multiple offers are likely to go elsewhere (as in your case)

Therefore, it would make more sense to give offers to candidates who perhaps didnt perform as well, as they are less likely to turn down offers hahaha

Yeah that's true, but when it gets nearer to the offer giving time, I may just disappear from this thread lol
Reply 788
Original post by OloMed
Thanks- I do believe that people with multiple offers are likely to go elsewhere (as in your case)

Therefore, it would make more sense to give offers to candidates who perhaps didnt perform as well, as they are less likely to turn down offers hahaha

Yeah that's true, but when it gets nearer to the offer giving time, I may just disappear from this thread lol

Getting interviews is the most important thing. Last year my sister got 2 interviews - Cardiff and Leeds and then received post interview rejections from both. However on results day both of these phoned her and offered her a place. She chose Cardiff - and is loving it there!
Original post by DJP1999
Getting interviews is the most important thing. Last year my sister got 2 interviews - Cardiff and Leeds and then received post interview rejections from both. However on results day both of these phoned her and offered her a place. She chose Cardiff - and is loving it there!

That is a dream scenario and I'm glad it worked out for her
Reply 790
Original post by OloMed
That is a dream scenario and I'm glad it worked out for her

Yes it actually took the pressure off at exam time but when she got her grades she got a text from Cardiff before 8am offering her a place. Just hope I am so lucky!
Original post by DJP1999
Yes it actually took the pressure off at exam time but when she got her grades she got a text from Cardiff before 8am offering her a place. Just hope I am so lucky!

Hopefully you'll receive an offer :smile:

Wow, should I receive such a text, I would 100% pass out!
Reply 792
Original post by OloMed
Hopefully you'll receive an offer :smile:

Wow, should I receive such a text, I would 100% pass out!

She was screaming all around the house. Firstly because she thought she hadn't got 3 As - but when she finally plucked up the courage to look she got A*AA and then 20 mintutes later the text came. Then 3 weeks later she was off to Cardiff - it was all mad!
Original post by OloMed

Ahhh, well Cardiff do give out 600 offers out of 1300 people interviewed so I suppose it's still the 600 top performing interviewees - but yeah you're right haha, lower performing students are probably less likely to turn down the offer.

Haha, good idea, it's torture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJP1999

Wow!! I really hope that does happen to me if I end up with all rejections - looks like everything worked out in the end for her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear about offers/rejections? The wait is killing me!!
Original post by 10evanse
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear about offers/rejections? The wait is killing me!!

mid feb onwards is what we were told.

How did your interview go?
Original post by OloMed
mid feb onwards is what we were told.

How did your interview go?

Thanks.

And interview was iffy...at the time I thought it was fine, some stations well, others just okay, but the longer since my interview (which was early dec.), the more and more i begin to doubt myself!

How was yours?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 10evanse
Thanks.

And interview was iffy...at the time I thought it was fine, some stations well, others just okay, but the longer since my interview (which was early dec.), the more and more i begin to doubt myself!

How was yours?

I struggled at some stations, I'd prepared well but one cant really prep for the questions that were asked!

Not really expecting an offer but trying to stay positive-but it's difficult haha
My interview was not great, the wait is killing me I just want it to be mid-Feb already

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending