The Student Room Group

Cardiff University Medicine Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarab456
Has anyone that had an interview on the 20th january recieved an offer?

yeah i have :smile:
Original post by sarab456
Has anyone that had an interview on the 20th january recieved an offer?

Yeah me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johnw23a
Of those who have had offers from Cardiff, can you please state the first letter of your surname and interview date? Just wondering if the offers are being sent out alphabetically or by interview date !
Thanks

First letter of surname: H
Interview date: 24/01
Hope this helps in any way :smile:
Of those who have had offers from Cardiff, can you please state the first letter of your surname and interview date? Just wondering if the offers are being sent out alphabetically or by interview date !
Thanks

There doesnt seem to be any trend. They probably just gave the very high achieving candidates offers. They havent sent rejections out either (except 1 I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks

M, interview on 8/12
Reply 1185
First letter of surname: J
Interview date: 27th January
I counted about 40-50 people here who got offers. No offer here and no rejection post-interview. Still able to log in to SIMS portal, but no change. Wondering how many are still waiting and how many received a post-interview rejection.

Two who go to same school got their offers on Thursday. I know one of them will go elsewhere most probably. Hoping/praying an offer will arrive next week. Very quiet mood in the house :frown:
Original post by medparent
I counted about 40-50 people here who got offers. No offer here and no rejection post-interview. Still able to log in to SIMS portal, but no change. Wondering how many are still waiting and how many received a post-interview rejection.

Two who go to same school got their offers on Thursday. I know one of them will go elsewhere most probably. Hoping/praying an offer will arrive next week. Very quiet mood in the house :frown:

Not every1s on TSR though... So would be above 100 offers... Not many are probably left
Maybe Cardiff will drag out offer giving. People can then decide to either firm cardiff or not, and then judging by that, Cardiff can adjust the number of offers they give out- just a thought!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OloMed
Maybe Cardiff will drag out offer giving. People can then decide to either firm cardiff or not, and then judging by that, Cardiff can adjust the number of offers they give out- just a thought!

Yeah, I have a feeling that's what they're going to do. Hopefully they won't drag it out too long haha
Original post by OloMed

You can't firm an offer till you have all 5 decisions back though
Original post by DariusVaselo

Yeah end of February is too early. Cant really think why else they'd do offers in batches. Anyhow, I'm going to forget about all this now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DariusVaselo

You can if you decide you can't wait for all you other decisions so you can withdraw from them.
Reply 1193
I made a thread for us OFFER holders to chat on. Go join! Those who haven't heard back, don't stress too much (there's still hope) :smile:
So is the email that says "We have made a decision on your application and we will shortly be sending confirmation of what you would you need to achieve to study Medicine at Cardiff University" definitely an offer?
Original post by Zed99
I made a thread for us OFFER holders to chat on. Go join! Those who haven't heard back, don't stress too much (there's still hope) :smile:

What's the link?
Guys who haven't heard yet honestly don't worry about it, I am pretty sure this is just the beginning to a swarm of offers, just hang in there <3 I somehow got an offer and I was so upset after my interview because I felt like I acted like such an idiot, so honestly there is hope for everyone and just have faith in yourself :smile: Good luck guys x
Reply 1197
Original post by Molly Pop
So is the email that says "We have made a decision on your application and we will shortly be sending confirmation of what you would you need to achieve to study Medicine at Cardiff University" definitely an offer?

Yes, it is. I called up and made sure, I think they just sent them out to put people out of their misery. The woman on the phone said the email is generic because everyone's applications are unique. Well done!:smile:
If people make a chat or anything can it not be on FB? Cos some people (cough cough*me) don't use it. Thanksss
Reply 1199
Hey everyone,
The link for the offer holders chat is : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4567916

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending