Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student Finance Scotland, EU returning student

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I have few questions about student finance in Scotland. I did some research online but couldn't find a lot of helpful information.

    I am an EU national and I've been living in England for the last 5 years and I am currently employed.

    I was wondering if there is any help available for EU students in Scotland, something equivalent to the maintance loan in England?

    Also my other concern is that I did start a BA course in England but dropped out in the second year. However the only financial help I recieved from Student Finance England was the tuition fee loan (that covered the two years of my studies).

    Any information/help/advice would be much apriciated!

    P.S. I know that due to Brexit a lot of rules might change but any insight in the current situation would be good enough!

    Thank you!
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.