The Student Room Group

House parties?

I'm totally new so quite possibly the wrong forum, sorry! But I was just wondering are house parties usually allowed in student accommodation? Even if you informed the security beforehand? I know every accommodation block is different but I'm going into 1st uni in about 3/4 weeks (ijn) and I was just wondering loool

Obviously my main focus is getting a degree but I'm honestly just curious tbh

Thank ye in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
They weren't allowed in my halls, but it may vary between different Uni's.
Reply 2
lol "inform security beforehand".

It sounds like you should'nt be having house parties quite yet :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
lol "inform security beforehand".

It sounds like you should'nt be having house parties quite yet :wink:

loool you're probably right uno
Reply 4
Original post by usycool1
They weren't allowed in my halls, but it may vary between different Uni's.

thank you :smile:
Original post by yungceebs
I'm totally new so quite possibly the wrong forum, sorry! But I was just wondering are house parties usually allowed in student accommodation? Even if you informed the security beforehand? I know every accommodation block is different but I'm going into 1st uni in about 3/4 weeks (ijn) and I was just wondering loool

Hello :smile:

As someone has said it's different across different universities.
In my halls there were always flat parties, the floor I was on was the 'party floor' and every week we'd have parties in our kitchen - a kitchen meant for 8 and I believe one night there were around 60 people in there. From my friends are different universities there are always parties in halls and in flats - as I said, personal experience and security will only come if there is a complaint etc.
Reply 6
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :smile:

As someone has said it's different across different universities.
In my halls there were always flat parties, the floor I was on was the 'party floor' and every week we'd have parties in our kitchen - a kitchen meant for 8 and I believe one night there were around 60 people in there. From my friends are different universities there are always parties in halls and in flats - as I said, personal experience and security will only come if there is a complaint etc.

thank you :biggrin:
you won't be allowed to make a disturbance but plenty of people will anyway, you'll only get in trouble if someone complains although you might piss people off

tbh there's usually cheap clubs that students go in a lot why not go there? if someone get's drunk and damages your flat you will have to pay for damages
You will most likely be fine. If you feel like you absolutely must inform somebody, then invite over the flats above/below/next door to you. That way it lets them know there will be a bit of noise and you don't come across as a knob.
Reply 9
Original post by yungceebs

Pls tell me you didn't put ijn meaning in Jesus name

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending