The Student Room Group

Need help what Should I DO

A little Backstory: I studied an engineering foundation year at brisol uwe last year received great marks for all my modules (high 90's in the maths and mechanics). However after the foundation year I made the mistake of applying to a Queen Mary to do 1st year there, where the academic life was very tough indeed. I also had a lot of personal problems during this first year and had to work 4 days a week to just pay my rent in London. All these variables were not conducive to great study habits so I ended up unfortunately failing the year.

Anyway now I have contacted UWE Bristol through clearing and I am really desperate to go back there as not only did I enjoy the academic pace but also the cheap rent which allowed me to study full time and the very supportive faculty there. However, when I contacted them through clearing this morning, and asked to do 1st year Mecheng, the lady on the phone told me they'd have to get back to me and took all my details in the meantime. My question now is, should i contact my last foundation year tutor at uwe and explain my situation or should I wait for UWE Bristol to get back to me (which is almost unbearable as I am panicking about my uni prospects for this year). I have no idea what I should do in the meantime, or if I should even look at other Uni's.
Reply 1
Original post by NamedAFR
A little Backstory: I studied an engineering foundation year at brisol uwe last year received great marks for all my modules (high 90's in the maths and mechanics). However after the foundation year I made the mistake of applying to a Queen Mary to do 1st year there, where the academic life was very tough indeed. I also had a lot of personal problems during this first year and had to work 4 days a week to just pay my rent in London. All these variables were not conducive to great study habits so I ended up unfortunately failing the year.

Anyway now I have contacted UWE Bristol through clearing and I am really desperate to go back there as not only did I enjoy the academic pace but also the cheap rent which allowed me to study full time and the very supportive faculty there. However, when I contacted them through clearing this morning, and asked to do 1st year Mecheng, the lady on the phone told me they'd have to get back to me and took all my details in the meantime. My question now is, should i contact my last foundation year tutor at uwe and explain my situation or should I wait for UWE Bristol to get back to me (which is almost unbearable as I am panicking about my uni prospects for this year). I have no idea what I should do in the meantime, or if I should even look at other Uni's.

The foundation tutor is not going to be able to help - they won't have any influence over admissions decisions. So contact them if you like, but it won't make a difference (except to make you look desperate).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending