The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Just graduated with a biochemistry degree from Imperial College. Ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Hey hope the masters is going well! I've just got a place with biological sciences at imperial but because my grades were decent, I'm thinking of switching to biochem. However I'm not sure, I don't rly know how passionate or even interested I am about proteins and enzyme stuff or whether I ever will be (the coloured spiral images intimidate me). It is also a harder degree than just bio and I really had to work super hard w past papers to get through chem at school. I'm choosing it because it gives more career opportunities and more relevant knowledge for working at start up biotech companies (and I'm not planning to work in conservation/ecology) but I'm not sure how challenging it will be to come out with a 2:1 without a super passion about molecules.Thanks!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hello, I’m interested about computer Science or aerospace/aeronautical engineering’s at Imperial, can you let me know how hard it is to get in, i talk about maths
Hello there! I am wondering if there is a high drop out rate/ failure rate in Biochem where the college asks someone to leave because their grades aren't good enough.

Also the essays sound scary- do you have any tips as to how to tackle them?

Thank you so much in advance.
I am currently applying for Imperial and am interested in neuroscience, but cannot find a course related to this. Which course would you recommend for me that is most related to neuroscience?
Hi I am in second year at imperial studying biochemistry and was wondering if you have any past papers for the FMB and G
Original post by kanra
Hey everyone! Hope results went well today, and congratulations to everyone who managed to meet their Imperial College offer!

I just graduated with a first in biochemistry, so feel free to ask me anything about student life, workload, accommodation, whatever :smile:

Firstly, congrats!!!!!

now to the questions:
1) when do they send the offers typically by for international students?
2) is it easy to get accommodation for all 3 years?
3) is there honours available and is it the same as a Msci degree?
4) what is their typical offer (IB grades pls)

thanks a ton in advance!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending