The Student Room Group

A-Level Insight Programs 2017 - CV Advice - Few Extracurriculars

Would my application for A-Level insight events in 2017 be harmed if I have very few extracurriculars?

I have good grades (11A* 1A at GCSE, 94% UMS average for AS maths and further maths, predictions of A*A*A*A for A2), however the only extracurriculars I have are economics related (namely four essay competitions that I have entered, and possibly the target 2.0 challenge). I have no finance work experience (I was unable to get some over the summer despite contacting ~15 firms) however I am now trying to get a placement in the october half term.

Thanks for all replies.
you seem like a fun & interesting person to be around

in all seriousness there's nothing you can do other than apply & find out
Reply 2
go do some volunteering... tips: go visit ur local council, https://vinspired.com/

also ur ed institute must have some careers adviser that can hook u up with internships

u got stellar grades - make sure you put which uni you're heading to in ur cv for the insight day apps

if youre hunting for relevant (finance) internships: use google maps to find out if there are any firms located nearby. the probabilities are extremely low - but 15 simply isn't enough to land anything cold. i had to send 00' of emails to land a relevant gig.

google maps is really helpful. there was a small hedge fund located in the same building as the public library i used to go to regularly...
Reply 3
Original post by exitopp
go do some volunteering... tips: go visit ur local council, https://vinspired.com/

also ur ed institute must have some careers adviser that can hook u up with internships

u got stellar grades - make sure you put which uni you're heading to in ur cv for the insight day apps

if youre hunting for relevant (finance) internships: use google maps to find out if there are any firms located nearby. the probabilities are extremely low - but 15 simply isn't enough to land anything cold. i had to send 00' of emails to land a relevant gig.

google maps is really helpful. there was a small hedge fund located in the same building as the public library i used to go to regularly...

How do you use Google Maps to find nearby firms?
Original post by Blyts-_
How do you use Google Maps to find nearby firms?

Search for a type of firm in a given area and a list should pop up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by theDERS
Would my application for A-Level insight events in 2017 be harmed if I have very few extracurriculars?

I have good grades (11A* 1A at GCSE, 94% UMS average for AS maths and further maths, predictions of A*A*A*A for A2), however the only extracurriculars I have are economics related (namely four essay competitions that I have entered, and possibly the target 2.0 challenge). I have no finance work experience (I was unable to get some over the summer despite contacting ~15 firms) however I am now trying to get a placement in the october half term.

Thanks for all replies.

Can you tell me some insight events for A-level students as all summer I have also been trying to find work experience all summer... No luck.
Original post by Princepieman
Search for a type of firm in a given area and a list should pop up

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many internships (if any) would you say you did in year 13? please reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending