The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
I'm guessing you mean October? Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah sorry, october ofc :smile: thank you
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Guys do you believe that Further maths is needed if I were to apply to do Economica at university?

Only for LSE and Oxbridge, you'll be fine for the rest.
Original post by hanhan19
Has anyone had a reply for Bath yet?

Original post by ElGenioEstúpido

A*AA or AAA+A in EPQ. Received it on Friday.
Original post by Cryptographic
A*AA or AAA+A in EPQ. Received it on Friday.

Where else di you apply?
Original post by mathcon
Where else di you apply?

Cam, Warwick, Bris & Exeter. Received offer from bris.
Original post by coconut64
how likely is it to get an offer from warwick and lse as I know they are super competitive, So realistically speaking, what are the bare minimum requirements?

Warwick is not as competitive as LSE.
If you are a decent applicant, you should get an offer from Warwick.
Original post by Fbiemad

what about UCL?
Cam, Warwick, Bris & Exeter. Received offer from bris.

Original post by Fbiemad

Also, what do you guys think about Warwick's econ degree, would you choose it over UCL ?
Original post by mathcon
what about UCL?

Original post by mathcon
Also, what do you guys think about Warwick's econ degree, would you choose it over UCL ?

UCL and Warwick are approximately the same level. I have heard that students love Warwick university's campus (I havent been there so I dont personally know). It is really up to the applicant and his/her preferences to choose between UCL and Warwick.

They are both competitive, but from what I have seen, Warwick is easier to get an offer from for BSc Economics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fbiemad
UCL and Warwick are approximately the same level. I have heard that students love Warwick university's campus (I havent been there so I dont personally know).
They are both competitive, but from what I have seen, Warwick is easier to get an offer from for BSc Economics.

did you apply for any of those two?
Original post by mathcon

I'be heard bad things about Warwick's accommodation and social life. TBH I just put it down as a 5th choice.
Original post by mathcon
did you apply for any of those two?

I live in London with my siblings, so I applied to London universities and Cambridge. Therefore, I did not apply to Warwick. I would have if I could though.
I'be heard bad things about Warwick's accommodation and social life. TBH I just put it down as a 5th choice.

I don't know much about it, as I mentioned in my previous post.
A very popular reason why some people choose Warwick over UCL is because they don't like living in London (for different reasons such as the high living costs).
Original post by Fbiemad
I don't know much about it, as I mentioned in my previous post.
A very popular reason why some people choose Warwick over UCL is because they don't like living in London (for different reasons such as the high living costs).

Oh lol, I was actually thinking about going to warwick for econ. For london, hows the life over there? Everyhting I hear is so negative about london unis, but honestly I prefer living in london rather than anywhere else
Original post by mathcon
Oh lol, I was actually thinking about going to warwick for econ. For london, hows the life over there? Everyhting I hear is so negative about london unis, but honestly I prefer living in london rather than anywhere else

Some people hate it and some people love it.
You should probably visit London and judge it yourself.
Reply 215
Original post by MajorFader
What subjects did you do for AS and A2?

Math, f math, econ and geog
Just sent my UCAS application off for pure Economics at;
Bath with Placement (4 Years)
Nottingham (3 Years)
Surrey (4 Years)
Loughborough (4 Years)
Kent (4 Years)

My subjects: Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, and an EPQ which is also Economics related (yep I love it really :u: )

My predicted grades: A*AA + A* in EPQ
i'm reconsidering putting down LSE as i don't have further maths? i'm predicted AAAB, any advice?
Original post by nicoledsk
i'm reconsidering putting down LSE as i don't have further maths? i'm predicted AAAB, any advice?
You don't need FM for LSE, but it is helpful. At any rate, they only want it as a fourth subject. But... you do know that the entrance requirements are A*AA with an A* in Maths, right? If you're predicted AAAB then you will probably be rejected.
Original post by JRKinder
You don't need FM for LSE, but it is helpful. At any rate, they only want it as a fourth subject. But... you do know that the entrance requirements are A*AA with an A* in Maths, right? If you're predicted AAAB then you will probably be rejected.

Original post by nicoledsk

Go for Nottingham instead? more realistic?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending