The Student Room Group

homeschooling a levels?

I have 1 year to study aqa sociology and psychology as & a2, i've already started and am about a quarter of the way through as. how many hours a day should i be dedicating to studying, and should i set myself up a "timetable" that I stick to daily? such as 3 hours of one subject, lunch break, 3 hours of the other subject, then spend my evenings practising questions? OPINIONS PLEASE! any other tips would be great
Reply 1
I self-studied my AS&A2 in Chem because my teachers were beyond useless. Do one section of the book (like chapter) a day
Use various sources and make your own notes which compile all the sources which then are the best resource. When you've done this for all the topics, do past papers.
I would do as much a day as you feel necessary to do the topic for the day, 6 days a week and you should be able to finish it within 3 months max. Or do one topic every two days, so spend two days on two topics but do them well. Never leave something misunderstood
Reply 2
Original post by 97Y
I self-studied my AS&A2 in Chem because my teachers were beyond useless. Do one section of the book (like chapter) a day
Use various sources and make your own notes which compile all the sources which then are the best resource. When you've done this for all the topics, do past papers.
I would do as much a day as you feel necessary to do the topic for the day, 6 days a week and you should be able to finish it within 3 months max. Or do one topic every two days, so spend two days on two topics but do them well. Never leave something misunderstood

Thank you that's really helpful :smile:
Hi,
I've just been told that I can't enrol for A-level courses like I wanted (and they chose the day of application deadline to tell me, so I now can't apply anywhere else) so I've decided to homeschool the courses.
So now I've found this thread and joined it - hi!

Quick Reply

Latest