The Student Room Group

Behind in homeschool gcse

I'm in year 10 and I've been homeschooled since year 7. I didn't really want to do homeschool my parents wanted me to but theyve never helped me and I've struggled to teach myself. I learn with textbooks and Seneca but I can't make the knowlege stick. I struggle with maths, I dont know what topics I shouldve done by now but I know I'm behind. In some subjects I'm not confident with any of the content. At this point I dont think I will do well in my gcse's next year. Any tips on how to catch up? Thank u
Which subjects are you learning? Are your parents paying for exams next year? Do you know which specifications you'll be taking?

Your parents should be sorting everything out for you and making sure you're not struggling. You don't have to take any exams at all, but if you want to, they should be facilitating that.
Reply 2
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Which subjects are you learning? Are your parents paying for exams next year? Do you know which specifications you'll be taking?

Your parents should be sorting everything out for you and making sure you're not struggling. You don't have to take any exams at all, but if you want to, they should be facilitating that.

I'm doing IGCSE english, maths, coordinated science and french. Yes my parents will pay for the exams. No they dont help me. I thought u need 5 grades to get into sixth form or college?
Original post by gemini5
I'm doing IGCSE english, maths, coordinated science and french. Yes my parents will pay for the exams. No they dont help me. I thought u need 5 grades to get into sixth form or college?

If your path is go to into sixth form to do A-Levels in Year 12, then yes you'll need to meet entry requirements. Often that's 5 I/GCSEs grade 4 or above.

For college to do BTECs you don't necessarily need GCSEs beforehand. You can start at Level 1 and work your way up through Levels 2 & 3, whilst taking GCSE Maths and English alongside.

As for your current studies, have you tried Maths Genie? I'm going to assume you're doing Edexcel, not CIE, for Maths.

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/igcse.html
Reply 4
Original post by gemini5
I'm in year 10 and I've been homeschooled since year 7. I didn't really want to do homeschool my parents wanted me to but theyve never helped me and I've struggled to teach myself. I learn with textbooks and Seneca but I can't make the knowlege stick. I struggle with maths, I dont know what topics I shouldve done by now but I know I'm behind. In some subjects I'm not confident with any of the content. At this point I dont think I will do well in my gcse's next year. Any tips on how to catch up? Thank u

i have a tip i recommend trying the warrick website its quite useful.

Quick Reply

Latest