The Student Room Group

Going back to school after five years, any advice?

Basically I started being homeschooled in year six and I’ve decided that for year 11 I’m going back to school as being homeschooled isn’t good for me. (There’s lots of negative things I could say about homeschooling, especially my experience but I don’t want to get into it at the moment)

I’ve just been told that there’s a place for me at my local school which I’m glad about but I’m also really nervous. I’m definitely behind in a lot of subjects like science and English literature, I haven’t had any friends for the past five years and therefor don’t even know how to go about making them and there’s also a bullying problem at the school which is one of the reasons so many people in my area or homeschooled.

I just know that all my homeschooled awkwardness is going to make me a target.

I’m wondering is anyone had any advice for going back to school because I’m literally a ball of nerves and the anxiety is stopping me from sleeping. I know that going back to school is going to be good for me but I’m really scared.
Reply 1
Original post by lucyswillow
Basically I started being homeschooled in year six and I’ve decided that for year 11 I’m going back to school as being homeschooled isn’t good for me. (There’s lots of negative things I could say about homeschooling, especially my experience but I don’t want to get into it at the moment)

I’ve just been told that there’s a place for me at my local school which I’m glad about but I’m also really nervous. I’m definitely behind in a lot of subjects like science and English literature, I haven’t had any friends for the past five years and therefor don’t even know how to go about making them and there’s also a bullying problem at the school which is one of the reasons so many people in my area or homeschooled.

I just know that all my homeschooled awkwardness is going to make me a target.

I’m wondering is anyone had any advice for going back to school because I’m literally a ball of nerves and the anxiety is stopping me from sleeping. I know that going back to school is going to be good for me but I’m really scared.

What GCSEs are they offering? Do they match what you've been learning? I would seriously consider joining year 10 so you get taught the whole GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending