The Student Room Group

do you need to do triple science in order to do A level chemistry or biology?

ca
Reply 1
what if you are doing double science instead of triple? i may want to become a doctor and a lot of people i know who want to become a doctor or wanting to do A level chemistry or biology are doing triple?
It will depend on your sixth form, but usually you don't have to have done triple science to do science A levels. I would highly recommend doing triple, however, as this will put you in a much better position to start A levels. If you want to go into medicine I would recommend doing triple.
No but it'll help.
Reply 4
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
It will depend on your sixth form, but usually you don't have to have done triple science to do science A levels. I would highly recommend doing triple, however, as this will put you in a much better position to start A levels. If you want to go into medicine I would recommend doing triple.[/QUOT

i have already chosen to do double science so will that mean if i choose to do science A LEVEL then i have to learn a bit more.
Original post by geek567
i have already chosen to do double science so will that mean if i choose to do science A LEVEL then i have to learn a bit more.

Triple science goes into more depth than double, so I imagine that yes there will be a bit of a discrepancy between what you go into year 12 knowing and what someone who took triple takes into year 12. If it was a huge issue then they wouldn't allow double scientists to take A levels, though, so it's not an unpassable obstacle. Perhaps you can do a bit of work in the summer after year 11 to catch up a little, or at least ensure that you don't forget what you learnt in double. Some sixth forms give their students 'bridging work' over summer to cover the gap between GCSE and A level (regardless of it they've done double or triple), so something like that might help.

Quick Reply

Latest