The Student Room Group

GCSE Results - 2016

I have had big break down yesterday due to the GCSE Results, I was not expecting for. So, I basically on got two gcse grades - Beliefs = B and Health & Social Care = C (P2) and I don't understand how I could have got bad grades in my other subjects. I did everything I was supposed to do and I had revised each and every single thing I was asked to. The teachers said that they know the exam and the questions so they helped us by using their own knowledge about the previous exams. I was really hoping for the best and it really hurts, the fact that I put in my heart and soul and days and nights into something I really wanted. Till now I still remember each and everything I was taught in all of my subjects because, I know it off by heart. I feel really hurt and the fact that those people who did not even come to the exams purposely, they still got A's and A*'s like how?
I really put in a lot of my effort and now I don't know what to do? I have to go to college and re - sit my Maths and English. Does that mean I can't do my A - Levels until next year? I'm 16 now but I'll turn 17 next month. I'll be 18 next year. I am so hurt. All of my predicted grades were A's and B's and one C. I don't know what went wrong. The teachers told everybody that our coursework will pull up our grades. I realised that I did get a's and b's in the exams but overall they gave me bad grades. I don't know what to do? I'm confused and I don't know how it is going to work out in college. I am very nervous.
Can I get my results remarked and what's the deadline for it?
Thank you for taking your time and reading this.
It would be grateful if you could reply as soon as you can.
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by BuzzingBumble
I have had big break down yesterday due to the GCSE Results, I was not expecting for. So, I basically on got two gcse grades - Beliefs = B and Health & Social Care = C (P2) and I don't understand how I could have got bad grades in my other subjects. I did everything I was supposed to do and I had revised each and every single thing I was asked to. The teachers said that they know the exam and the questions so they helped us by using their own knowledge about the previous exams. I was really hoping for the best and it really hurts, the fact that I put in my heart and soul and days and nights into something I really wanted. Till now I still remember each and everything I was taught in all of my subjects because, I know it off by heart. I feel really hurt and the fact that those people who did not even come to the exams purposely, they still got A's and A*'s like how?
I really put in a lot of my effort and now I don't know what to do? I have to go to college and re - sit my Maths and English. Does that mean I can't do my A - Levels until next year? I'm 16 now but I'll turn 17 next month. I'll be 18 next year. I am so hurt. All of my predicted grades were A's and B's and one C. I don't know what went wrong. The teachers told everybody that our coursework will pull up our grades. I realised that I did get a's and b's in the exams but overall they gave me bad grades. I don't know what to do? I'm confused and I don't know how it is going to work out in college. I am very nervous.
Can I get my results remarked and what's the deadline for it?
Thank you for taking your time and reading this.
It would be grateful if you could reply as soon as you can.
Thank you!

Awwww Hun it's not as bad as you think I promise you loads of people go through that and I get where you coming from with friends who don't work as hard getting better marks but karma will come back around for them anyways It did for me 🙃 But back to your situation I know GCSE'S seem like the be all and end all but they really aren't all you need to do is retake your maths and English maybe get your papers back and see where you went wrong? Maybe I know it sounds weird but you might have done what I did which was work too hard and not smart enough I knew my book inside out and still didn't get a good mark but the next time round I got my papers back and saw where I lost marks its super useful 😊 And another thing worrying about what age you are is really silly if you think about it when you go to Uni and get a job etc. You'll be working the same job for umpteen amount of years no matter what age you are in fact Uni's. Prefer older students (and let's face it you won't be that much older when you go to Uni if you do decide to)
Cause they are mature & capable😊 Do you know what you want to do as a job? 😊Also I know someone who got D's at GCSE level and went on to A-levels aced those and went to Cambridge 😃 Message me privately if you want to chat about any concerns you have 😊 But chin up you've got fab grades in two of your GCSEs nothing to be sniffed at 😊 Oh I only just saw you want to know about remarks if you ask your exams administrator they will know the deadline😊

Quick Reply

Latest