The Student Room Group

Queen Mary (Barts) Waiting List

Is anyone else on Barts waiting list and has no offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeah :frown: still haven't heard anything from them. have you?
Reply 2
Nope. In the email they said they'll reply in either June or Results day in August.
Looks like we'll just have to keep waiting.
Have any of you guys firmed another university course but not a dentistry one... cause I have but I don't know if will mlikit my chances of being offered a place if one does arise
Reply 4
Original post by fruitloop886
Have any of you guys firmed another university course but not a dentistry one... cause I have but I don't know if will mlikit my chances of being offered a place if one does arise

I haven't firmed another course but I don't think it'll affect your chances.
Hey do you know the stats for getting an offer if you are on the waiting list from 2016 and do you know how many pepole are on the waiting list
Reply 6
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/waiting_list_2016#incoming-975656

Original post by fruitloop886
Hey do you know the stats for getting an offer if you are on the waiting list from 2016 and do you know how many pepole are on the waiting list

Is there one for dentistry cause there would be less people wouldn't there??? And do you know how many people got accepted from the waiting list
what does the waiting list even mean? im on it but im just too sad after the rejection to comprehend anything. if you get better grades than people with offers do you replace them or what
Reply 9
Original post by rameow
what does the waiting list even mean? im on it but im just too sad after the rejection to comprehend anything. if you get better grades than people with offers do you replace them or what
Same same

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk
im so bloody annoyed for being rejected, i thought i did well :frown:
Original post by a5h2
Same same

im so bloody annoyed
Original post by rameow

Did you get an email that you are on the waiting list on the same day UCAS updated with a reject? Just wondering as I received a reject yesterday but no email that I am on the waiting list.

If anyone else is also on the waiting list could you tell me the same.
Reply 13
Original post by rameow

Original post by a5h2
Same same

Original post by wahidur97
Did you get an email that you are on the waiting list on the same day UCAS updated with a reject? Just wondering as I received a reject yesterday but no email that I am on the waiting list.

If anyone else is also on the waiting list could you tell me the same.

I've noticed that this thread has become active again after a year (when I made it).
I'm happy to tell you that I was on the waiting list last year and I got my offer in June and I'm not at Barts! So there is hope!

The waiting list means that that Barts will potentially give you an offer at two points:
- In May/June when everyone has firmed their choice, if Barts receive fewer than expected firms then they can spare some spaces and will give offers out to people on the waiting list from people who performed best to worst.
- Then again on results day, if fewer than expected people meet the grades and you do meet the grades then you will get an offer to fill in the spare spaces.
Something to keep in mind is that you can only get an offer from Barts waiting list if you have no other offers for dentistry from any other university.

If you haven't received the waiting list email after a week from being rejected, I don't think you're on the waiting list.

Hope that helps!!
Reply 14
Are you a dental student at Barts now?
What do you think about Barts as a Dental uni. Is it better than Manchester?
Reply 15
Original post by anxone
Are you a dental student at Barts now?
What do you think about Barts as a Dental uni. Is it better than Manchester?

Yep, I am.
I can't say much about Manchester since I'm not there but I enjoy Barts a lot, it's great! If you have any specific questions you can message me if you like
Reply 16
What do you like the most about Barts?
Do you live in the accommodations?
Why did you choose Barts?
Thanks for your help
Reply 17
Does QM tell you where u r on the waiting list ?
Reply 18
You have to email their data-protection team ([email protected]) to request for this information.
Original post by chymosin
You have to email their data-protection team ([email protected]) to request for this information.

I’ve recently received an email saying i’m wait listed but it says we’re not allowed to know where we are on the list. Can we still email this address to find out? (sorry if it’s a stupid question lol)..

Quick Reply

Latest