The Student Room Group

Should I start anew?

Guys I really need your help. I basically just got my AS results and it's really bad. I got a D-Maths, E-Biology, and a U-Computer Science. I want to do ICT in university so I was wondering should I take a tunnel course and continue in this college, hopefully get good grades and try for uni or should I go to another college and start anew? Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply
Isn't this system linear now anyway? So whatever you got in AS doesn't matter if you take it to A2
Original post by neppo
Guys I really need your help. I basically just got my AS results and it's really bad. I got a D-Maths, E-Biology, and a U-Computer Science. I want to do ICT in university so I was wondering should I take a tunnel course and continue in this college, hopefully get good grades and try for uni or should I go to another college and start anew? Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply

Why do you think you got those grades? Was it because you personally didn't put the work in? Or was it because the standard of teacher was poor, or you didn't like/connect with the courses your college offered?

The best way to look at this is to first determine what your mistake was and fix that, rather than trying to find a overall fix in general. There would be no point moving if you realize you don't like the courses or if you're not willing to work harder next year. Although we can help you, you're ultimately the one who knows what would be best for yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by wickedisgood
Why do you think you got those grades? Was it because you personally didn't put the work in? Or was it because the standard of teacher was poor, or you didn't like/connect with the courses your college offered?

The best way to look at this is to first determine what your mistake was and fix that, rather than trying to find a overall fix in general. There would be no point moving if you realize you don't like the courses or if you're not willing to work harder next year. Although we can help you, you're ultimately the one who knows what would be best for yourself.

I personally didn't put enough effort in period. Obviously since the result, regrets have settled in but I'm in a dillema as to whether or not to change college and start again or stick with this college and try a tunnel course and do sociology or something and get good grades. The courses I did were enojoyable for me except for maybe computer science because I'd kind of get lost during lessons and I didn't put effort in to actually understand it as well and because of that I don't know what to do at all now
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Isn't this system linear now anyway? So whatever you got in AS doesn't matter if you take it to A2

It is but like the grades I got in AS also determines my predicted grades which will be sent to universities that I'll apply for as a basis of determining whther I am good for the college or not. So I was wonderig i I should change college to reset that and get better grades

Quick Reply

Latest