The Student Room Group

when will you start applying through UCAS?

Is it best to apply on the very first date, September 9th?
I know it's better to apply earlier for Unis such as UCL, LSE...and so on.
(By the way UCL is my first choice.) When are you planning to apply?
You'll be fine as long as you apply before the deadline. Remember that if you're applying for Oxbridge the deadline is in October. Otherwise, it's in January. I personally sent of my application on October 9th and was actually the first person at my sixth form to send it off. So don't rush to send it off -send it off when you're ready! I got my first offer on October 26th, and UCL gave me an offer on the 9th of November (after an interview a few days before). So obviously, some universities start giving out offers early, but you won't be disadvantaged provided you apply before the deadline! Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by Shikinjyo

I have a question that is related to this. Can i apply to universities in October ( especially Oxford)without my official A level certificate?
Because i will be sitting my whole A levels in June next year and i probably wont get my official certificate by the deadline in October

Posted from TSR Mobile
The above poster is correct, don't rush with your application. Wait until you know it's perfect & take all the time you need! Granted that it's in before the deadline in January of course!

I'm by no means an Oxbridge applicant but Ive already started mine, all I need to do now is draft my PS more, wait for my school reference & send it off! I don't want my UCAS application to add on to the volume A2 work from September onwards, so I'm getting mine done early. :smile:
Original post by Idunno99
I have a question that is related to this. Can i apply to universities in October ( especially Oxford)without my official A level certificate?
Because i will be sitting my whole A levels in June next year and i probably wont get my official certificate by the deadline in October

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe so, yes. Just note the importance of the deadline for Oxbridge which is October 15th. For A Levels you are currently sitting but have not at preset received a grade, you select 'grade pending' on your UCAS application form.
Reply 5
Original post by Shikinjyo

No. You have equal consideration for most universities & courses so long as you apply by 15th January*

*except for Medicine or Oxbridge when the deadline is 15th October for those courses/universities.

It's better to apply when your application is ready and you are sure you have chosen the right combination of universities/courses and your PS & reference, etc are as good as possible. No point (and no advantage) in rushing it.
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you don't need to have completed your A-levels before applying. Most candidates apply with predicted grades. Your referee provides those predicted grades to UCAS on your form.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Yes, you don't need to have completed your A-levels before applying. Most candidates apply with predicted grades. Your referee provides those predicted grades to UCAS on your form.

But i dont have a referee
I am self studying them (Both AS and A2)and will take them as a private candidate

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by t.thompson22
I believe so, yes. Just note the importance of the deadline for Oxbridge which is October 15th. For A Levels you are currently sitting but have not at preset received a grade, you select 'grade pending' on your UCAS application form.

Thanks i really appreciate your reply:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying on the oxbridge deadline or mayb the week after even though I'm not applying to oxbridge I want to get it out the way so I can focus on year 13 or any interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
But i dont have a referee
I am self studying them (Both AS and A2)and will take them as a private candidate

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will still need to find a referee.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference

Who do you think could or should be my referee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
[QUOTE="Idunno99;67264074"]
Original post by jneill

Who do you think could or should be my referee?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are suggestions on the link I gave.

For a private candidate it should be someone who knows you but is not in your family

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="jneill;67264244"]

There are suggestions on the link I gave.

For a private candidate it should be someone who knows you but is not in your family

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok
Thanks a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest