The Student Room Group

Keele medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WikiK
Hey, hope that you applications are going as you'd hoped!

Has anyone heard back from Keele yet? It seems like this is the only University that still hasn't send out responses?:biggrin:

Nope still waiting 😫 I'm hoping we hear something in the next few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chocoholic20
Nope still waiting 😫 I'm hoping we hear something in the next few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

still waiting
Reply 62
Yeah still havent heard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a209150
Yeah still havent heard

Posted from TSR Mobile

No responses until today
Original post by WikiK
Hey, hope that you applications are going as you'd hoped!

Has anyone heard back from Keele yet? It seems like this is the only University that still hasn't send out responses?:biggrin:

No I am still waiting for Keele. Have got Cardiff and UEA came today but still waiting for Birmingham and Keele. Fingers crossed. Good luck to all of you.
Yesss, still waiting for Keele. I have got an interview from Aberdeen and rejected by Exeter:angry:
Original post by Keith_118
Yesss, still waiting for Keele. I have got an interview from Aberdeen and rejected by Exeter:angry:

Rejected from exeter too. I know the feeling 😭
Reply 67
Original post by jessop140
Rejected from exeter too. I know the feeling 😭

Everyone that I know has been rejected from Exeter!! I don't think you should take it personally. It's probably their loss :-) good luck with the rest of your Unis!!
Original post by SarahCroydon
No responses until today

What do you mean? Did other people get a response from keele for medicine??
Original post by WikiK
Everyone that I know has been rejected from Exeter!! I don't think you should take it personally. It's probably their loss :-) good luck with the rest of your Unis!!

Thanks!!! Good luck to you too!!
Thanks!!! Good luck to you too!!

As far as I know, Exeter rejected most of the independence schools' students (put them in Tier 2,3) and put most of the state schools' students in Tier 1 and 2 :angry: This is discriminaion!!!!!!
Original post by Keith_118
As far as I know, Exeter rejected most of the independence schools' students (put them in Tier 2,3) and put most of the state schools' students in Tier 1 and 2 :angry: This is discriminaion!!!!!!

I'm not entirely sure if that's true. I thought tier 1 was for people with achieved a levels,tier 2 for people with predicted a*a*a* and tier 3 for people with a*a*a and so on. The rejection email said that the ukcat cut off was 2000+ for tier 2 so that's why I got rejected 😪
I'm not entirely sure if that's true. I thought tier 1 was for people with achieved a levels,tier 2 for people with predicted a*a*a* and tier 3 for people with a*a*a and so on. The rejection email said that the ukcat cut off was 2000+ for tier 2 so that's why I got rejected 😪

Someone on another thread was rejected from Exeter with 10A* GCSE, AAAA achieved A levels and 733 in the UKCAT was rejected from Exeter. Think he was pot in bottom band because of no A* at ALevel. So basically someone with predicted of A*AA would be on a higher tier. That system seems unfair because some schools give out A* predictions so easily while others don't.

I was predicted A*A*A*A as my AS levels were over 90%. I got AAAA. 'As' are easier than A2 and only A2 modules count for the A*. It is not an average between the 2 otherwise I would have 4A*. Basically in AS Biology I had 98% but in A2 I had 88% in the 2 written modules. So for the whole A level I had 93% (558/600) but only got an A. In my school it was strange that people got on average 10% lower on their A2 modules. People who had just scraped an A at AS usually got a B.
Original post by BadLashes
Someone on another thread was rejected from Exeter with 10A* GCSE, AAAA achieved A levels and 733 in the UKCAT was rejected from Exeter. Think he was pot in bottom band because of no A* at ALevel. So basically someone with predicted of A*AA would be on a higher tier. That system seems unfair because some schools give out A* predictions so easily while others don't.

I was predicted A*A*A*A as my AS levels were over 90%. I got AAAA. 'As' are easier than A2 and only A2 modules count for the A*. It is not an average between the 2 otherwise I would have 4A*. Basically in AS Biology I had 98% but in A2 I had 88% in the 2 written modules. So for the whole A level I had 93% (558/600) but only got an A. In my school it was strange that people got on average 10% lower on their A2 modules. People who had just scraped an A at AS usually got a B.

Yeah I understand what you're saying. I think predictions are just an unreliable way of basing who gets interviews and who doesn't 😕
They should have said clearly on their website that people who haven't achieved A-level will not be in Tier 1. If I knew this happens, I wouldn't apply to them to be honest.
Does Keele send in batches or will they be like some other Universities and send them all together? (Just asking due to the fact nobody has heard from them yet) :biggrin:
I hope they will release the result before Christmas :smile:
Hi, there's lots of info for applicants on our 'Medicine Applicants' Area'

I've spoken to the School of Medicine's admissions team - the first interviews will be in late December, and will continue into January, February and March. The School will aim to send invitations to interview out at least 2 weeks before your interview date, so you may not hear until next year. The School have said that an early interview doesn't indicate a better application or that you are more likely to receive an offer, so don't worry if you haven't heard before the end of the year.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your applications

Sam - Digital Team
Prolonged agony - especially for those of use who had 4 preinterview rejections last year.
Original post by Keele University
Hi, there's lots of info for applicants on our 'Medicine Applicants' Area'

I've spoken to the School of Medicine's admissions team - the first interviews will be in late December, and will continue into January, February and March. The School will aim to send invitations to interview out at least 2 weeks before your interview date, so you may not hear until next year. The School have said that an early interview doesn't indicate a better application or that you are more likely to receive an offer, so don't worry if you haven't heard before the end of the year.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your applications

Sam - Digital Team

Thank you for the info :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending