The Student Room Group

UCAS for Internationals

Hey everybody,

I'm from Germany and I'm trying to apply for some universities in the UK.
However, I'm not familiar with this whole UCAS thing...

For example, I don't understand what they mean when they ask me to add modules/units on the education part.
Do I simply put in the all my grades from all subjects i took in my final year?
I think the problem might be that out school system is different from yours...
What do i do with the marks i got on my finals/A-levels?

Anyway, I guess I'm hoping for some other Internationals to stumble across this thread...

Anything helpfull is much appreciated!!

Thanks
In the education section there should be a list of international final exams so it'd be easier to put down your grades. Just choose the examination you took and then enter your grades. So, if you did the Abitur, just click on that on the list and add your subjects, each subject as a separate module.

I don't know how the German system is excactly, but in Finland in addition to our matriculation examination we also get an upper secondary school leaving certificate including all the subjects we took (around 17 of them). To add them I chose from the qualifications section 'other (international)' and put down each subject as a separate module.

Hope I could help you at least a bit. :smile: It's been almost a year since I applied so I'm not sure if I remember everything correctly.
Reply 2
Ok, thank you!
Reply 3
I don't think that your are required to put in your final grades...it's rather the courses you took at school. that's ´what ucas is probably asking for...

Latest

Trending

Trending