The Student Room Group

Studying at Not so Brilliant Uni's

Hey guys,

Im about to start studying Physics at the university of Kent. Due to some problems with my A-Level scores and the fact that I had to use Clearing (private candidate), I couldnt really get into anything much better. Kent is ranked worldwide something like 300-350. My plan is to study there for one year and during that one year try to get myself into a significantly better university. Ideally, I want to be in one of the top 100.

How feasible is it to go from a university like Kent to a top 100 university? I want to go straight on to do my PhD in physics after my bachelors; is it even worth paying the 9000 pounds a year to study at a 300-350 ranked university or am I better off waiting another year and maybe trying to improve on some A-Level scores?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.
Even though you would like to trasnfer I think some uni still require you to meet their minimum A-level/GCSE requirement and only then will they accept you, because I was planning to go to KCL but I wasnt able to so I got into herfordshire for biomed and even though it was for the course I wanted, KCL told me that I should meet their requirement of AAB in order to do biomed at their uni :// So I guess it depends what your desired uni is but tbh even if you go to a high ranked uni and dont put effort into your work you wouldnt get a good level of degree. It all depends on how hard you work too!!

Quick Reply

Latest