The Student Room Group

Concerned about my other half

i choose to come to my uni a while ago and once i had told my counter part of my decision they ended up changing there course and it happened to be at the same uni as me, they have also ended up staying in the same accomodation as me aswell.. a few people have mentioned that it is a red flag and i can't really make heads or tails of it yet.
Reply 1
They could simply wish to not be apart from you, since long distance relationships to some are difficult. Although I can see why some people would say it's a 'red flag' by being possessive or not trusting. However for us in this forum, we can't be sure as we have never met this person or know what their personality is like. Do they normally act like this? Do they also like to join you to other places?

Personally, I believe they need to think for themselves. Changing their course (I believe it what you meant) is quite dramatic and won't be any good to them in the future unless they actually have a liking to that course. Choosing the same uni...well I can't say anything to that since I made it so I went to the same uni as my best friend (but I made sure the course I wanted would be good). For accommodation...well it would be best if you were at least separate with that. It could make it more difficult to make more friends if you are already comfortably know someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending