The Student Room Group

If one interviewer seems very interested and the other bored

What's likely to happen?

One interviewer was bored, grumpy, seemed uninterested and the only thing she really said was do you have any more questions after I had asked my main ones.

The other interviewer seemed interwsted. She had positive body language, smiled, was friendly. She asked me what date I could start, what training I would be willing to go on, where I lived, if I had a car.

What's likely to happen in this scenario?

I answered the questions badly. I think one interviewer decided not to hire be because of it. While the other decided to give me a chance as I came across well.
No one can predict what will happen. There's nothing you can do now so just hang on till you find out. Some interviewers use a good cop bad cop approach which may have been the case here.
stop obsessing, you posted another thread about this interview the other day

you can't predict the outcome of an interview... you could do an amazing interview and the manager seems super happy and tells you you were amazing then the person after you blows them away and you still don't get the job, you could also have a terrible interview and the manager doesn't like you but they're desperate and hire you anyway... what you feel is a good answer to a question could signal that you don't understand what the job needs if you miss the point and what you think is a bad answer could be somethign they just deem important so it doesn't count against you

the manager's attitude could be down to external factors, the previous candidate or could just be their normal demeanor - it doesn't tell you anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending