The Student Room Group

I like a guy at uni

I'm in my first year of uni and I have been going to uni for a few weeks now. The thing is there is this guy in my course that I like and find attractive but I'm too scared to approach him as we have never spoken before nor made proper eye contact.
I never have approached a guy that I like even as a friend so I'm not sure how to go about this. What if he doesn't like me :frown: because I've noticed him but he hasn't noticed me..

What should I do? He's in the same lectures and practicals and seminars as me...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my first year of uni and I have been going to uni for a few weeks now. The thing is there is this guy in my course that I like and find attractive but I'm too scared to approach him as we have never spoken before nor made proper eye contact.
I never have approached a guy that I like even as a friend so I'm not sure how to go about this. What if he doesn't like me :frown: because I've noticed him but he hasn't noticed me..

What should I do? He's in the same lectures and practicals and seminars as me...

Just forget about it if you're too scared lol
there's no way he likes you lol... he doesn't even know you
but this doesn't mean you can't approach him:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Just forget about it if you're too scared lol

But he sits in mainly with a row of boys and he's never alone :frown: also he comes across as shy too..
Original post by Rhaenys10
there's no way he likes you lol... he doesn't even know you
but this doesn't mean you can't approach him:biggrin:

Savage af. :colone:
LOL just wing it because YOLO :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
What if he doesn't like me :frown: because I've noticed him but he hasn't noticed me..

So what if he doesn't like you? You move on and find another guy to crush on. At least you'll know, right?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Savage af. :colone:

it's the truth lol
from how she's described the situation, the guy has absolutely no idea who she is
but come on, it's not like u should only talk to ppl who already like u
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
So what if he doesn't like you? You move on and find another guy to crush on. At least you'll know, right?

How am I meant to approach him?
it's the truth lol
from how she's described the situation, the guy has absolutely no idea who she is

True. :biggrin:
Reply 10
How am I meant to approach him?

You could try sit next to him in lectures and then say hello, then get to know him.
Original post by UWS
You could try sit next to him in lectures and then say hello, then get to know him.

and what if he actually wants to pay attention to the lecture?:frown:
it's the truth lol

That's true lol
When I started my first year like 2 days ago and honestly speaking I didn't know a single person there :hide:
Just had to slide myself into a convo LOL and drop my opinions here and there if I like the topic and tbh that's how you get to know People if you talk to them and make friends :smile:
Reply 13

She can speak to him before it starts or during the break.

She could sit next to him in lectures and when the lecturer isn't talk she could say hello and ask a question about the work pretending she doesn't get it or something :cool:
Because we get like 10mins breaks during the lecture if it's a long one
(edited 7 years ago)
That's true lol
When I started my first year like 2 days ago and honestly speaking I didn't know a single person there :hide:
Just had to slide myself into a convo LOL and drop my opinions here and there if I like the topic and tbh that's how you get to know People if you talk to them and make friends :smile:

OMG i forgot to tell you about my absolutely amazing tip for approaching ppl
...although it usually works best for befriending them, not flirting
give 'em food
Original post by FemaleBo55
She could sit next to him in lectures and when the lecturer isn't talk she could say hello and ask a question about the work pretending she doesn't get it or something :cool:

How sly.
*takes notes*

jkjk
Original post by UWS

I'll try that thank you but last time I saw him in a lecture room he sat down on the end of the row and that row only had 2seats. Hopefully he sits else where.. and no one had taken that space ..
Original post by UWS

and ask him what? i'm pretty sure op is looking for something more specific.. give her an idea

Original post by FemaleBo55

yeah, don't really think op should pretend not to understand stuff just to get the opportunity to ask him sth
I'll try that thank you but last time I saw him in a lecture room he sat down on the end of the row and that row only had 2seats. Hopefully he sits else where.. and no one had taken that space ..

so what if it only has 2 seats
it's the best thing that could happen to you
just go and sit there lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending