The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Isic card

My daughter already has a free ISIC card. Is it then necessary for her to get an NUS CARD OR NUS PLUS CARD which is costing anywhere between 12 pounds to 33 pounds depending on the number of years of validitt of NUS card
(edited 7 years ago)
Am i the only one who read that as ISIS card :rofl:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
An NUS card you get for free by default: it's also your student ID. You can opt out if you like, but there's no real reason to, unless you have some kind of strong moral objection to being a member of the NUS. The NUS Plus card is completely unnecessary, but often worthwhile for the discounts.
Reply 3
Thank you for replying. I have no objection for being a member of NUS. I only wanted to check whether the ISIC card was enough for discounts as I thought I had to pay for the NUS card.
Reply 4
Hi, I have no objections to being a member of NUS. Why should I have objections. I only raised the question because my daughter already has a freeISIC card and the NUS card was costing around 12 pounds to 33 pounds, so I was just trying to figure out whether the ISIC card serves the same purpose as NUS card which acts like a discount card.
Original post by BlueSam3
An NUS card you get for free by default: it's also your student ID. You can opt out if you like, but there's no real reason to, unless you have some kind of strong moral objection to being a member of the NUS. The NUS Plus card is completely unnecessary, but often worthwhile for the discounts.
Original post by Jayanthi69
Hi, I have no objections to being a member of NUS. Why should I have objections. I only raised the question because my daughter already has a freeISIC card and the NUS card was costing around 12 pounds to 33 pounds, so I was just trying to figure out whether the ISIC card serves the same purpose as NUS card which acts like a discount card.

As I said: The NUS card is free and you get it automatically unless you opt out. The NUS Extra card offers a different set of discounts to the ISIC card. The NUS Extra card includes everything ISIC does, plus some more.

Quick Reply

Latest