The Student Room Group

Making a digital business card

A friend of mine just started working as a real estate agent, and making a digital business card is the next step for her :smile: She asked me whether I was familiar with the process of creating one, which lead me here...
Does anyone have experience with this? I've mostly seen e-cards in my mailbox and very few times on someone else's phone, but got no clue what it takes to make one... I assume the companies that make paper business cards don't dabble in virtual ones, right?

Also, are they expensive to make? Is it a single fee or a monthly-based one? And what about designing the card, is any degree of coding knowledge required?

All help is welcome, thanks!
Original post by 2baskets
A friend of mine just started working as a real estate agent, and making a digital business card is the next step for her :smile: She asked me whether I was familiar with the process of creating one, which lead me here...
Does anyone have experience with this? I've mostly seen e-cards in my mailbox and very few times on someone else's phone, but got no clue what it takes to make one... I assume the companies that make paper business cards don't dabble in virtual ones, right?

Also, are they expensive to make? Is it a single fee or a monthly-based one? And what about designing the card, is any degree of coding knowledge required?

Personal opinion is that a business card adds not that much to the business. However, if she wants to have one, it doesn't take a lot to do one.

You usually have 3 options:
These usually use a drag and drop interface and it's incredibly user friendly i.e. a 10 year old can use them. No programming is involved (it's not something complex). If you want to make things signficantly more complicated than it needs to be, I suppose you can create your own digital business card yourself, but it's kind of outside of my expertise because I never found the need to do everything from scratch.
Reply 2
Original post by 2baskets

Creating a digital business card, especially an NFC card, is a great move for a real estate agent. Traditional paper card companies might not offer digital services. Costs vary, but it's usually a one-time fee for the card. Designing doesn't require coding; many user-friendly platforms exist. NFC cards can be shared by tapping phones, making networking seamless. Overall, it's a modern and efficient way to make a lasting impression. Search NFC Card on YouTube you will get a good knowledge from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending