The Student Room Group

How to imporve your memory power?

I am terrible at remembering things and this is not good as my GCSEs are approaching. Help me!!!

Is there some medical treatment or food/beverage I can take to improve my memory ability?
Reply 1
Haha...!! No im not aware of any medical treatment or food that helps with memory, but it's all about practice. Firstly find away of revising that works for you - this could be using flash cards, revisions cards, mind maps etc. Also put the knowledge you've learnt into practice - get someone to test you or do practice papers. Don't worry...you'll be fine!
A
No medical treatment... but you can improve your memory ability by work and practice. For work well, it is necessary that you have a stable life. If you are stressed out, you can not remembering your lessons correctly. Ok you work, work and work again your lessons, but don't forget to have fun. You can practice sport, dance, walking, swimming or other. And eat healthy food. Good food always help students ! The brain function at full capacity when you eat healthy food, brain is nourish by all things you eat.The day of the exam, if you have forgotten an importante thing, close your eyes and relax. If you don't remember, focus you on things that you know and will remember the important thing later.

Don't say that you forget everything, have self-confidence !:biggrin:

Sorry for my english mistakes :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by alwin.sm
Haha...!! No im not aware of any medical treatment or food that helps with memory, but it's all about practice. Firstly find away of revising that works for you - this could be using flash cards, revisions cards, mind maps etc. Also put the knowledge you've learnt into practice - get someone to test you or do practice papers. Don't worry...you'll be fine!
A

Thanks @alwin.sm
Definitely put practice in. There are exercises you can do to help your memory. You might find flash cards and mind-maps useful
Reply 5
Thank you xxxx
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Definitely put practice in. There are exercises you can do to help your memory. You might find flash cards and mind-maps useful
Original post by 12115
I am terrible at remembering things and this is not good as my GCSEs are approaching. Help me!!!

Is there some medical treatment or food/beverage I can take to improve my memory ability?

Semen Retention if male, not kidding.
There is no substitute for hard work. Recalling is like muscle strength. The more you exercise it the better it gets.

Quick Reply

Latest