The Student Room Group

Should I stay or should I go Now?

I have already posted on here but I have now have a clearer idea of what I might have to do, but need clarification.
I am at a university that I am not enjoying at all. I changed courses when I arrived and the lecturers seem to be annoyed at me about this because I was undecided about changing and they were probably feeling that I messed them around a bit. I want to do UCAS again and re-apply to uni's that I originally turned down. I have the right grades.( I wasn't in the right frame of mind when I made my uni decision because I was recovering from a major operation and I was 2 years younger).
What I want to know is: Should I stick the year or leave now? I would like to stick the year so I can adjust to uni life, but I am worried that they will give me a bad reference because I messed them about with changing courses in the first place. I am wondering whether it is better to quit now so that they never know I even started and I don't have to get a reference from them. I would get good grades because I work well whatever, but I am worrying about their reference.
What would your advice be? I am actually majorly stressed out about all of this.
Thanks.
If the reference is your biggest worry I;d say you can rest assured. Most of us don't remember all our students a term after teaching them leave alone a few weeks. Unless you've had a one-to-one relationship with someone who in this case will most likely know of your situation they're unlikely to be bothered. Do what's right for you.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
If the reference is your biggest worry I;d say you can rest assured. Most of us don't remember all our students a term after teaching them leave alone a few weeks. Unless you've had a one-to-one relationship with someone who in this case will most likely know of your situation they're unlikely to be bothered. Do what's right for you.

Thanks for that. I guess if I apply through UCAS now anyway the course I've just started won't be taken in to consideration anyway as I have the right grades already?
From my understanding you have to declare your first year unless you drop out now. @PQ any insight?
Original post by JamieKT
Thanks for that. I guess if I apply through UCAS now anyway the course I've just started won't be taken in to consideration anyway as I have the right grades already?

You must declare all places of education from age 11.

If you are on your current course for less than 2 weeks (and you're officially withdrawn and your university record you as a non showing entrant) then you might be ok to not declare your current course.

I would suggest you stick it out. If you're applying from university then you should be applying after Christmas to give yourself the time to get to know your tutors, have enough time to give them an idea of your abilities to get a good reference/predictions and most importantly it makes it clear to your new universities that you've given your current course a chance and have made a thoughtful decision.
Okay who read the title of this thread as the song from Stranger Things :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending