The Student Room Group

Just a Quick Couple of Questions.........(Urgent!!!)

Hiya all :smile:

I just wanted to know whether or not you get your A2 certificates on the day of your results by any chance??? (or do you have to go back to school in like September or later to get them???) :s-smilie:

+ If will the certificates have your individual unit grades on them or just one grade for your subject (and in regards to that your mark out of 600???)

Thanks for any help much appricated :tsr2:
Reply 1
This thread is NOT URGENT.and has been done many times.
vv2006

Well it is for me :rolleyes:

My gap year company i'm with want my certificates as proof of confirmation of my A-Level predictions beforfe i start work for them (as i need a certain amount of points to work for them etc) and as UCAS obviously has nothing to do with them, i need to know when i get them so i can inform them :rolleyes:

So stop making ***** assumptions!!!
akademic
Well it is for me :rolleyes:

My gap year company i'm with want my certificates as proof of confirmation of my A-Level predictions beforfe i start work for them (as i need a certain amount of points to work for them etc) and as UCAS obviously has nothing to do with them, i need to know when i get them so i can inform them :rolleyes:

So stop making ***** assumptions!!!

Okay, don't stress. First off, if you don't get your certificates until September/later, it'll be fine - think about it, if they employ gap year students then they'll be more than used to the fact the certificates themselves don't come until later than results day. Secondly, a statement of results should be more than adequate, and you could always ask your school/college for a letter to confirm it or something if they really kick up a fuss. Either way, check with them that you can use the statement of results with/without a backup letter to confirm your grades , and it should be fine! No panic :smile:
scribble_girl
Okay, don't stress. First off, if you don't get your certificates until September/later, it'll be fine - think about it, if they employ gap year students then they'll be more than used to the fact the certificates themselves don't come until later than results day. Secondly, a statement of results should be more than adequate, and you could always ask your school/college for a letter to confirm it or something if they really kick up a fuss. Either way, check with them that you can use the statement of results with/without a backup letter to confirm your grades , and it should be fine! No panic :smile:

oh yea i forgot about the statement of results :rolleyes: .....

its just they phoned me on friday and said when i got the results i should photocopy them asap and send them via special same day delivery (for which they would obviously pay for) - as i was at work i forgot about it then just remembered now, i'll phone them and ask if that will do :s-smilie: ......

btw does any one have any answers to the questions???

PS. it's there first year running a gap year lol :smile:
Hi i was considering a gap year till recently too. The proof of results they ask for are the results slip i.e provisional statement which is what you'll get from your college/sixth form on the 16th of august. Photocopy this and send it to the company it should be ok. If they ask for the certificates explain to them that they'll be available in mid september time, i doubt they'll have any problems with this.
^^^ thanks mate, the help is much appricated :smile:

+ out of interest will the certificates have your individual unit grades on them or just one grade for your subject (and in regards to that your mark out of 600???)
Reply 7
vv2006

For god's sake why don't people just answer the guys question and stop whining! This is what this forum is for! If u can't take the time out of your busy schedule to answer him go to another thread for ****'s sake.
akademic
......+ out of interest will the certificates have your individual unit grades on them or just one grade for your subject (and in regards to that your mark out of 600???)

no they don't. same as GCSEs certificates. Just the grade and subject.

EDIT: just checked my sisters and that is correct.
Reply 9
:dito:

Just grade and subject, no marks or modules or anything else!

They usually arrive in October time. If you are in school you would probably have to go to collect it.
Neo

For god's sake why don't people just answer the guys question and stop whining! This is what this forum is for! If u can't take the time out of your busy schedule to answer him go to another thread for ****'s sake.

:dito: Idiots
Reply 11
Yeah at my 6th form we don't get the actualt certificates until November! And they are given to us in some prize giving ceremony, or if you can;t attend will be posted... reminds me i must inform them of my change of address!!
Neo

:dito: exactly i don't understand why people would waste their time coming into a thread and just submit a post just whing and **** :rolleyes: like that rather than answering the question, don't really see the point.......

Anyways thanks guys glad to know only the subject grade is written don't not module grades :biggrin: .......

Btw does anyone have a cheap-skate school like mine where you have to give them a envelope which is pre-stamped for them to send your certificates or otherwise you don't get them lol???? :eek:

Latest