The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah twice

when someones house was on fire - the woman was screaming from the window, asking me to call the fire brigade for her
and when i was at my aunts house and heard domestic violence breaking out at the neighbours house next door
Twice. Once when I found my Nan and once when we had a break in at work.
Twice at work, one woman fell off her chair and hit her head causing hemorrhaging in the brain and the other when an elderly lady started having a stroke.
Nope.

Original post by Dodgypirate
Last time I called 999 was when this guy from the appartement complex opposite my parents' house locked himself on their balcony. What a muppet haha!

Why didn't he just kick the door in?

It;s one of those things that defines you as a man, along with knowing how to swing an axe properly and how to gut fish.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Nope.

Why didn't he just kick the door in?

Wavin' the .44?

Original post by Drunk Punx

It;s one of those things that defines you as a man, along with knowing how to swing an axe properly and how to gut fish.

Well the apartments are rented out, so I doubt he'd want to risk paying for the repairs :colone:
Reply 25
yes, once for a reason i dont want to share. Once because there was a group of boys outside my sixth form jumping a guy and his dad and we told the police the names of the boys.
Called when I was a little kid playing around... learnt my lesson.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Wavin' the .44?

Only if all you heard was "Poppa don't hit me no more", otherwise it's a bit overkill.

Well the apartments are rented out, so I doubt he'd want to risk paying for the repairs :colone:

Ahh, the plot thickens. Yeah fair enough.
Reply 28
Twice
- a ""friend"" of mine 'collapsed' on the street
and secondly, a lady at church was having a seizure
:frown:
I came across some burglars once. Had an awkward conversation on 999 while the burglar stood a few meters away trying to get away over a fence. It was quite hard not to laugh, he took so long to get over the fence that the police showed up while he was still there....

More seriously, I used to work late shifts in London and came across a lot of stuff over the years. I've called 999 and 101 an unfortunately high number of times for quite a wide range of stuff. People seem to have more accidents late at night.
My brothers mate knocked his teeth out.
I haven’t had to call 999, I have had some call it for me (whoops) and I have done first aiding at events but no one ever needed hospital

Latest