The Student Room Group

THE table of tables has Loughborough up to 6th place

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doodle_333
(to my understanding from conversations with lecturers + teaching staff) lecturers and teaching staff are encouraged to produce enjoyable lectures that engage students and that students will say they enjoyed, they are encouraged to offer plenty of time for students to access extra feedback etc and the best lecturers are recognised and hiring decisions are made based on teaching ability not just academics

lecture quality, in terms of what I meant, would be how much students enjoy the lectures (obviously with the proviso that they do learn!) I think if you're paying 9k a year you should really be given engaging lectures... not reading off a powerpoint while someone drones on in a monotone

So the Teaching section of the NSS then: http://www.thestudentsurvey.com/content/NSS2015_Questionnaire.pdf

When league tables talk about student satisfaction these are the statements they're using.
Original post by jneill
Times Higher Ed has released its "table of tables" - which is based on the combined results of the UK’s three main domestic university rankings.

Top 5 positions are largely unchanged, and Loughborough now joins the "elite".

1. Cambridge
2. Oxford
3. St Andrews*
4= Imperial
4= Durham
6. Loughborough*
7. LSE
8. Warwick
9. Lancaster*
10 Surrey*

Full table of Top 30:

Spoiler

What do you think about the *non-RGs in the Top 10?

How is this? Loughborough overtook Warwick, LSE and UCL they're all well respected universities.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending