The Student Room Group

Philosophy Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hope0livia
How did you find it? I think it was an alright paper, now we wait

I am not sure if it's genius or complete trash. I thought my Q1 was much better than Q3, but I don't think we're supposed to discuss the content for a couple of days yet because some applicants still haven't sat it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMcG
I am not sure if it's genius or complete trash. I thought my Q1 was much better than Q3, but I don't think we're supposed to discuss the content for a couple of days yet because some applicants still haven't sat it yet.

Oh that's a good point, whoops. I think my q1 was better than my 2 as well, i feel like I explained it better. Mine probably reads either pretty insightful or absolutely terrible 😂 ah well. Good job 👏🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from cambridge about interviews yet?
I graduated in Philosophy. I'm glad the discipline has so many passionate applicants this year.

Well done kids, you've chosen a noble path, knowledge for knowledge sake. :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by theravadaz
Anyone heard back from cambridge about interviews yet?

As far as I'm aware Oxbridge only invite for interview 7-10 days before the actual date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMcG
As far as I'm aware Oxbridge only invite for interview 7-10 days before the actual date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? - i've definitely heard of people who already have an interview for December so i I'm not sure that's right. I'm aware that Cambridge have an 'interview embargo' for subjects with admissions tests until 14th november where they're not allowed to offer interviews. However, given that philosophy wasn't an admissions test subject I thought some people might have heard back already
Reply 46
Really? - i've definitely heard of people who already have an interview for December so i I'm not sure that's right. I'm aware that Cambridge have an 'interview embargo' for subjects with admissions tests until 14th november where they're not allowed to offer interviews. However, given that philosophy wasn't an admissions test subject I thought some people might have heard back already

People at your school? Or on TSR? A few people got busted for BS'ing they had interviews already, but if they have I'm jealous of the preparation time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMcG
People at your school? Or on TSR? A few people got busted for BS'ing they had interviews already, but if they have I'm jealous of the preparation time

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR, but it seems legit lol. Jneill seems to have confirmed that peterhouse have started offering interviews to people who didn't have an AA
Reply 48
TSR, but it seems legit lol. Jneill seems to have confirmed that peterhouse have started offering interviews to people who didn't have an AA

Ah, I'm sure you'll get an interview. Your academic profile is a 9-10/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMcG
Ah, I'm sure you'll get an interview. Your academic profile is a 9-10/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

aha thanks very much :smile: Thankfully I didn't have to sit an admissions test which, by the sound of it, would have wrecked my application lol

Although I'm confident-ish that I'll get an interview due to Cambridge's high interview rate, I'm still very stressed out!

How did your AA go?
Reply 50
aha thanks very much :smile: Thankfully I didn't have to sit an admissions test which, by the sound of it, would have wrecked my application lol

Although I'm confident-ish that I'll get an interview due to Cambridge's high interview rate, I'm still very stressed out!

How did your AA go?

I thought it went fairly well, I'm certain one of my essays was better than the other but just hope my arguments and reasoning in both were valid & well put-forth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know did UCL given any offers yet for philosophy course??

Thanks
Original post by Tomlee999
Does anyone know did UCL given any offers yet for philosophy course??

Thanks

I got an offer from them last Friday, so I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:
Original post by hope0livia
I got an offer from them last Friday, so I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:

Oh thats good to hear! when do you apply tho? BTW if I get rejected when would they inform me?

Thanks
Original post by Tomlee999
Oh thats good to hear! when do you apply tho? BTW if I get rejected when would they inform me?

Thanks

Sent my UCAS off on the 3rd October :smile:) it'd come up on track if they rejected you but there's still loads of time for them to give you an offer so don't worry!!
Hi everyone, bit late to the party.

GCSEs: 2A*s 5As 2Bs
AS Level: AAB in English Lit, French and Philosophy & Ethics (so pissed lmao)
A2 Prediction: AAA
Course Applying For: Philosophy & Politics
Universities Applying For: Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds, Cardiff, Bristol
Has anyone else here got an invitation to interview at King's Cambridge?
Reply 57
Just received an offer from St Andrews!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMcG
Just received an offer from St Andrews!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!!!!!!! Is that for straight philosophy?
Reply 59
Congrats!!!!!!!! Is that for straight philosophy?

Thanks!. It's for joint honours with Theological Studies also.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending