The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is LSE not worth it?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, sorry for the quick statement. I'm in 1st year at LSE and I'm having a great time and have met some amazing people. If you get bored in London then it's your fault tbh. I'll make a proper thread on this topic sometime soon. Wherever you go get involved.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I'm torn between, if I even get in, LSE and Southampton. I'm looking at History and Politics and LSE ranks higher for both subjects obviously, but Southampton is still Russell Group and reasonably well ranked, and their course looks more interesting. At the same time, LSE is more prestigious, plus I wouldn't have to live in London as I could easily commute up and it would only take about an hour, would save me a lot. But would this make me suffer socially, as I'm not living in Halls? Whereas if I went to Southampton I would be, and may be happier because I'd have a close bunch of friends plus a relatively active social life? HELP!!!!
Original post by Rhysician
I'm torn between, if I even get in, LSE and Southampton. I'm looking at History and Politics and LSE ranks higher for both subjects obviously, but Southampton is still Russell Group and reasonably well ranked, and their course looks more interesting. At the same time, LSE is more prestigious, plus I wouldn't have to live in London as I could easily commute up and it would only take about an hour, would save me a lot. But would this make me suffer socially, as I'm not living in Halls? Whereas if I went to Southampton I would be, and may be happier because I'd have a close bunch of friends plus a relatively active social life? HELP!!!!

I'd wait until you get offers to decide fully, and attend an offer holder day as the person above said, but I can say if you're willing to get involved and go to the home students events/join a society or sports club then you should be fine. All the home students I know who did that have a great time, with good friends. I'd obviously recommend living in halls, but I know how expensive it is and why it sometimes makes sense not to, but no home students I know have had issues.
Did anyone ask current students what they thought about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending