The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salllllllly
I had a summer school at Sheffield and the accommodation is soooo lovely! The cafe there (endcliffe I think) also has great food! I'm from closeby so I don't find Sheffield that intriguing haha but the university is great! And the SU is as fab as they say!

I'm applying for Medicine! ABBC, no gap year and also applied to Leeds, Manchester & Bristol :-)

Best of luck with your applications! And yeah, accommodation and union is to die for in my opinion :biggrin: very good facilities :biggrin:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Sammy9898
What did you get at AS: AAA *w resits* but got BBB at A2 so having to resit a few modules from A2.

Gap year? yep, on it rn.

What subject are you applying for? Chemical engineering w a year in industry.

Other uni choices? Nottingham, Surrey, Manchester, Newcastle.

Most likely gonna make Sheffield my firm! i love the uni so much haha. :biggrin:

I'm on a gap year and going to Sheffield too :smile:
Reply 22
Sheffield was definitely my favorite uni for looking at biological sciences (ok maybe it might be something to do with how pretty the lab building is 😝) But they have the highest number of biological sciences lecturers at any uni which really impressed me, and the research there is brilliant too!

What did you get at AS
Predicted A*A*A

Gap year?
Maybe, depending on whether or not universities will consider me an international student.

What subject are you applying for?
Biological sciences

Other uni choices?
Oxford, Imperial College London, Edinburgh and York

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by prostheticzeta
Oh woah!! Two of my favourite languages XD in Russian, and I love Rammstein, so I am trying to learn German through that haha

Awesome, I love German music :smile: You should listen to Mark Forster - he's a muchhh different style to Rammstein but I still love him eh.
Just noticed this blog when posting on one about a graduate job!

I've just graduated from Sheffield University. It's the most special place on earth, go.. enjoy every single minute and seize every single opportunity.. you won't look back
Reply 25
are you an international student :biggrin:?

home student, but postgraduate :h:
Hi all prospective Sheffield Students!

I'm currently in my second year and was thinking of doing a live Q&A session for any questions you may have about applying to Sheffield and about the university and city in general.

Let me know if you'd be interested! :smile:

Good luck with your applications
Original post by bellalalaxo
I'm on a gap year and going to Sheffield too :smile:

oh awesome! Did you apply last year for deferred entry or did you get an offer this year already? :biggrin:

Yeah, Nottingham was my favourite for the course tbh, but when i visited the uni for openday, i thought the city was really rough and dangerous, so ended up picking Birmingham instead xD (ironic, i know) and no, I am an undergraduate applicant! My first choice is Durham, but I probably wont even get in haha :frown:, and I have applied for International Business Management with a year abroad :biggrin:, Sheffield is such a nice city, and very student based :biggrin: and OMG accommodation is to die for in Sheffield, it is a very nice village

Yeah, I've heard a lot of mixed views about the city in Nottingham so not too sure what to think. :s-smilie: Birmingham sounds better tbh haha! My friend got in this year to do Psychology and she likes it a lot! I love Sheffield for my course. The modules really appeal to me :smile:

Oh, good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to get in for Durham but I've heard they aren't the quickest at replying. I would have loved to applied there if they did my course. :rolleyes:

The student union and accommodation was what clinched it for me in regards to Sheffield aha. I was considering applying for UCL but then I saw their accommodation and I hated it. :unimpressed:
What did you get at AS
I'm an IB student:smile:
Gap year?
Nope

Zoology

Other uni choices?
Oxford (Biological Sciences)
Bristol
Manchester
Leeds
Reply 29
Anyone got an offer from molecular and cellar biology yet?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1764167667179657/ don't forget the FB group if you're applying to the university of Sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sammy9898
oh awesome! Did you apply last year for deferred entry or did you get an offer this year already? :biggrin:

I was meant to be there this year but changed my mind last minute so I deferred my place. I went there for like 2 weeks though haha. What about you?
Reply 32
Original post by examiningboard
Hi all prospective Sheffield Students!

I'm currently in my second year and was thinking of doing a live Q&A session for any questions you may have about applying to Sheffield and about the university and city in general.

Let me know if you'd be interested! :smile:

Good luck with your applications

When in the year do sheffield usually start giving offers?
Original post by bellalalaxo
I was meant to be there this year but changed my mind last minute so I deferred my place. I went there for like 2 weeks though haha. What about you?

Fair enough. How comes you ended up deferring after 2 weeks (if you don't mind me asking)? 😊

Oh I chose to apply this year rather than last year as i couldn't decide on a course at the time. :biggrin:
Applying for LLB Law and LLB Law and Criminology at The University of Sheffield. I'm also applying for Law at The University of Leeds, and The Univeristy of York and Law with Criminology at Nottingham Trent. Predicted to get AAB in History, English Language and Philosophy
Does anyone have any ideas which accommodation they want to go for? I really want self catered en suite in Endcliffe or Ranmoor
What did you get at AS? BBCD, currently on a Gap year and ended up getting A*BB at A level, so to anyone who is unsure whether they'll get in if you work hard enough you definitely can.

Gap year? yes

What subject are you applying for? Politics and international relations.

Other uni choices? None, I deferred.
Got ABBB at AS
Thinking about going on a Gap Year not sure yet!
Applying for an English Course
Other choices were Bristol, Exeter, Oxford and Birmingham :smile:
What did you get at AS? AAAAA
Gap year? nope
What subject are you applying for? Biochemistry
Other uni choices? York, Oxford, Bristol, Bath
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
What did you get at AS - AABB

Gap year? - No

- I've just received a conditional offer for Philosophy :smile: