The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

English and Theatre studies at Bristol

So I'm looking to apply for English and Theatre joint honours as my interest in both areas of study are very strong (especially English)
I'm predicted A*AB and am eligible for the contextual offer which brings it down to AAB..
I'm working for an A in English but wasn't wondering how strict they are on missing the grade (say I get a B in English)
I really wan to go to Bristol !!
Yes you'll be fine because A*AB is equivalent to AAA in terms of UCAS points. If you get a contextual offer, you've already met the grade requirements. In any case, if you're predicted a B and the minimum you need is a B, you've still met the conditions. But your personal statement as to be strong to get an offer, grades aren't enough.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Because this subject combination has so few places, and its very popular, the competition is fierce.

Just remember that this is an academic course, not a 'how to be an actor' course, so concentrate on the academic side of Theatre/Drama/Literature, and be specific about the areas of Literature/Theatre etc that interest you, and why.
I've applied for this course as well!!
I had no idea how crazily competitive it is to get onto until after I sent off my application.. am now worried that I may have made my personal statement too literature-heavy. What kind of stuff did you write about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending