The Student Room Group

Red Driving School WORSE DRIVING SCHOOL EVER

Has any every had a good experience with Red Driving School? I took time off work and booked with them and instructor cancelled an hour before the lesson. I booked with them again, and the other instructor did not turn up and locked off her phone! And then start sending me a barrage of texts 10pm as night! I asked for a refund but I am yet to receive it. When I complained, the manager said that 'well that is the time when the instructor could respond' and 'I should check their reviews online'. They did not even try to resolve the problem it was just excuses one after the other!
Original post by LondonVoice
Has any every had a good experience with Red Driving School? I took time off work and booked with them and instructor cancelled an hour before the lesson. I booked with them again, and the other instructor did not turn up and locked off her phone! And then start sending me a barrage of texts 10pm as night! I asked for a refund but I am yet to receive it. When I complained, the manager said that 'well that is the time when the instructor could respond' and 'I should check their reviews online'. They did not even try to resolve the problem it was just excuses one after the other!

Wow, that doesn't sound good. The difficulty though is that they have so many offices and instructors that surely they can't all be bad? I don't know, I've never learned with them before. I did worry about this kind of thing though, which is why I stayed away from a big company. Are you going to try and learn with someone else? I hope it gets sorted soon!
Reply 2
When you're learning with a driving school like that, they often use trainee instructors to teach their students (rather than fully qualified ones) too. If anybody is using RED or any other schools like that, make sure that you've got a fully qualified instructor (or at least get a discount for being taught by a trainee)
Hi, just wanted to ask if you recieved your refund in the end? I'm currently having problems with my instructor and am thinking about opting out of my lessons too..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending