The Student Room Group

Are there any uni with Medical foundation where accept GCSE results?

I have done my gcse this MAY and I've got a good results.
At first, I was thinking to go for an A-level after my gcse. However,
right now I'm sure that I would like to do MEDICINE course at my uni.
So, if there are any medical foundation I could go with my gcse results, I will change my mind to foundation
Reply 1
I would really recommend that instead of trying to get straight into a Foundation course that you study at A-levels. Medicine is highly competitive and you really do need good grades. Even with taking a Foundation level a lot of Universities will request that you have A-levels, they would just offer them slightly lower.
For example University of Nottingham's Foundation Level course requests BBC with Five GCSE's at grade B whereas they would usually ask for AAA with at least six GCSE's at grade A.
You may find this useful - http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf
It tells you about the usual entry requirements for different UK Medicine courses.

It seems that the chances of you getting into university to study Medicine without any A-levels is highly improbable and more likely downright impossible.
Original post by cr0616
So, if there are any medical foundation I could go with my gcse results, I will change my mind to foundation

Not in the uk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cr0616

I think nearly all medicine foundation courses require A-Levels.

Quick Reply

Latest