The Student Room Group

Please help, what is my essay question asking me to do?

As an individual contribution to the assignment write a 1,200 word passage explaining why issues of class, gender, race, and ageism, are important for advertisers to consider?

I missed several lessons due to bereavement, but this essay is due this week. I've asked á few people but they all seem to be taking different approaches to the essay. What do you think it's asking me to do? I'm very sorry, English isn't my first language.

Many thanks for your help!
Reply 1
Original post by lseult
As an individual contribution to the assignment write a 1,200 word passage explaining why issues of class, gender, race, and ageism, are important for advertisers to consider?

I missed several lessons due to bereavement, but this essay is due this week. I've asked á few people but they all seem to be taking different approaches to the essay. What do you think it's asking me to do? I'm very sorry, English isn't my first language.

Many thanks for your help!

You need to do this on your own, and come up with 1200 words. You need to think about what factors are important to advertisers, especially class, gender, race and age.

If you think about age, some products are aimed at older people than others. Why do advertisers need to consider this? Well, children will respond best to catchy songs in adverts, and will like bright colours and cartoons etc. Products aimed at older people will need a different approach.
Why is gender important? Adverts aimed at men tend to use sport , cars and similar things, whereas adverts for women are often in more social settings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending