The Student Room Group

Biology Help NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!

Basically "head" of biology has given out an order for other teachers and himself to not mark the homework of students, instead he sends out the mark scheme for us to do(he doesn't teach me for biology i have different teacher). On top of this he always makes us do this "flipped classroom" where he sends out a video of crash course and exam questions, usually of a hard topic (a2 muscles this time). The homework s are quite bad as hes class started in the middle of the chapter/section whereas we started at the begging of the chapter and are 4-5 lessons behind his class, therefore in order to do it i copy out the book as i do not understand it because we haven't learnt it yet. This is some next level laziness in my opinion.

Can anyone give advice on what i can do without being "disrespectful" and remain anonymous?
others are also angry and frustrated with what he does but no one has acted yet?
I need some advice asap i dont want to lose my A for a U.
Original post by Bence9912
Basically "head" of biology has given out an order for other teachers and himself to not mark the homework of students, instead he sends out the mark scheme for us to do(he doesn't teach me for biology i have different teacher). On top of this he always makes us do this "flipped classroom" where he sends out a video of crash course and exam questions, usually of a hard topic (a2 muscles this time). The homework s are quite bad as hes class started in the middle of the chapter/section whereas we started at the begging of the chapter and are 4-5 lessons behind his class, therefore in order to do it i copy out the book as i do not understand it because we haven't learnt it yet. This is some next level laziness in my opinion.

Can anyone give advice on what i can do without being "disrespectful" and remain anonymous?
others are also angry and frustrated with what he does but no one has acted yet?
I need some advice asap i dont want to lose my A for a U.

Even though are school has a great reputation, lazy teachers are norm in our school for some subjects (however my a level biology teachers are great). Talk to your head of year or your deputy head of year if it's that bad and maybe try to get people in your class and if possible other classes that are struggling to sign a petition for the issue to be looked in to. A few years back this class successfully got rid of teacher by signing a petition (but I guess it may just have been because the teacher may have been very weak as scary teachers Aren't easily gotten rid of
You could also try talking to your biology teacher too explaining how difficult it is- sounds like they are involuntarily being controlled by him so I guess your teacher is on your side!
They may be able to talk to other staff- I know it's easier said then done but do try this
Hope I helped
Good Luck!!! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Starlight2000
Even though are school has a great reputation, lazy teachers are norm in our school for some subjects (however my a level biology teachers are great). Talk to your head of year or your deputy head of year if it's that bad and maybe try to get people in your class and if possible other classes that are struggling to sign a petition for the issue to be looked in to. A few years back this class successfully got rid of teacher by signing a petition (but I guess it may just have been because the teacher may have been very weak as scary teachers Aren't easily gotten rid of
You could also try talking to your biology teacher too explaining how difficult it is- sounds like they are involuntarily being controlled by him so I guess your teacher is on your side!
They may be able to talk to other staff- I know it's easier said then done but do try this
Hope I helped
Good Luck!!! :smile:

The guys not scary his about 5 foot 5 lol
I try to talk to my teacher tomorrow. If not i may have to talk to my form tutor or at a lest resort get my parents in.
Petition seems to be a good idea however i doubt more than 10 people will sign it.
Similar thing happened last year when he was not teaching properly. I told my form tutor to do something, and also keep the complaint anonymous . And from then on the guy constantly picked on me , making me feel bad. I couldn't really defend my self and be rude as i would get kicked out of college so i just let it slide past my ears. I dont want to risk this happening as i am doing quie well with A*AA.

Quick Reply

Latest