The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You’re 49-year-old mail? Wow! I mean, I’ve had to wait a couple of months for some of my deliveries to reach me, but never 49 years..!

Oh sorry Mr grammar police...!
No it's the norm to be naked, you can't wash properly in shorts! My gym oasis in Covent garden everyone is mostly naked, it's a confidence thing maybe? As Asians have small genitals, so leave it all hang out I say!
Original post by busystudent
Hey all,

I've recently joined virgin active and noticed A LOT of guys do not strip naked in the gym when changing, most guys wear shorts while showering especially Asian lads and get changed in the toilets/showers.

Personally, myself I don't going nude while changing and in the showers but I feel a bit odd going all nude while other guys are wearing shorts etc

What is it like at your gym - Has everyone gone consciously about how they look or isn't it considered the norm to 'let it all hang out' in the changing room any more?

where I go both male and females use the same changing and shower room and yes we are all nude/naked togther
I’m currently researching for a series of articles on modesty, hygiene and nudity and seeking people’s views on various aspects such as modern design of sport and leisure facilities, preventing nude showers without being arrested. Are people choosing to go home before showering? At team sports clubs, is this leading to a reduction in team spirit? Is group nudity and naturism a thing of the past and are we entering a new era of modesty? Is this a false modesty as the number of people willing to strip of for fundraising calendars continues to rise and the number of those offering nude services such as decorators are increasing?I welcome the thoughts of sports facilities staff and patrons, team members and coaches of team sports as well as those who participate in naturism, from private home naturism, discreet skinny-dipping, sun club members and visitors to European naturist beaches and resorts.
Reply 84
Original post by Strictly Business
If you've noticed an Asian majority doing it, then its more than likely because in Islam its forbidden to show your private parts to others.

I know it's 11 years ago but how are they able to have sex then?
sad there is a date where u log out for the last time
Original post by secobf
I know it's 11 years ago but how are they able to have sex then?

You're obviously allowed to show them to your partner, but probably not to others. Very weird prohibition though all the same. Someone on here said they once had a Muslim flatmate who showered with his boxers on because he didn't want the angels to see him naked :toofunny:
Original post by busystudent
Hey all,

I've recently joined virgin active and noticed ALOT of guys do not strip naked in the gym when changing, most guys wear shorts while showering especially asian lads and get changed in the toilets/showers.

Personally, myself i dont going nude while changing and in the showers but i feel a bit odd going all nude while other guys are wearing shorts etc

What is it like at your gym - Has everyone gone conscious about how they look or isnt it considered the norm to 'let it all hangout' in the changing room any more?

I never go all nude. Why would I want dudes to look at dingaling? I always have my underpants on.

Latest