The Student Room Group

Tuition fees blocked

Hi everyone,

I am an EU national second-year student at the University of Westminster London. Last year I had a Tuition Fee Loan as an EU Student and this year I applied (submitted the application on 23/05/2016) for the Tuition Fee as well as Maintenance Loan/Grant as a migrant worker (I have been working my whole time living in the UK).

By the time the first term started my application was processed and scheduled, waiting for my September payslip. However, as the process of the application took several months, I changed jobs in that time. I let the Student Finance Migrant worker Team know about this change as soon as I could and sent in all the necessary evidence on 21/10/2016. The payments of the Tuition Fees to my University were scheduled for 26/10.

However, they are still blocked till this day. It has been over a month now and It worries me that the Tuition fees are unpaid. Also, I have not received any of my Maintenance loan payments. Every time I call Student Finance they tell me the same thing - that the application is still in process, that I should keep checking my online account but somehow the application does not move forward. How long can it be processed? It should not take that long and I should be given some reasonable answers as to why this is happening shouldn't I? Has anyone encountered this kind of situation and could help me?
Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jonas
Original post by dzonas
Hi everyone,

I am an EU national second-year student at the University of Westminster London. Last year I had a Tuition Fee Loan as an EU Student and this year I applied (submitted the application on 23/05/2016) for the Tuition Fee as well as Maintenance Loan/Grant as a migrant worker (I have been working my whole time living in the UK).

By the time the first term started my application was processed and scheduled, waiting for my September payslip. However, as the process of the application took several months, I changed jobs in that time. I let the Student Finance Migrant worker Team know about this change as soon as I could and sent in all the necessary evidence on 21/10/2016. The payments of the Tuition Fees to my University were scheduled for 26/10.

However, they are still blocked till this day. It has been over a month now and It worries me that the Tuition fees are unpaid. Also, I have not received any of my Maintenance loan payments. Every time I call Student Finance they tell me the same thing - that the application is still in process, that I should keep checking my online account but somehow the application does not move forward. How long can it be processed? It should not take that long and I should be given some reasonable answers as to why this is happening shouldn't I? Has anyone encountered this kind of situation and could help me?
Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Any new evidence for the Migrant Worker team at the moment is taken approx 13 working days to process this when we receive it. If this has passed then we may need to refer your application back to them, as we cannot see the details on your account we need you to call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks.
Reply 2
It is already more than 13 working days. All the time I calling 0300 100 0607 they are telling me the same story. I can not a get clear answer from Migrant Workers. I have no idea what to do next.
Original post by dzonas
It is already more than 13 working days. All the time I calling 0300 100 0607 they are telling me the same story. I can not a get clear answer from Migrant Workers. I have no idea what to do next.

Hi.

Have the Migrant Worker team asked you to send any more evidence recently? Also, did you send the previous evidence by post or e-mail?

Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Morven SFE
Hi.

Have the Migrant Worker team asked you to send any more evidence recently? Also, did you send the previous evidence by post or e-mail?

Thanks.

I sent my evidence by post. I just received a letter that my evidence was scanned into the system. They sent my evidence back but I am missing payslips somehow.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dzonas
I sent my evidence by post. I just received a letter that my evidence was scanned into the system. They sent my evidence back but I am missing payslips somehow.

Hi.

Right, thanks. So, have the Migrant Worker team requested any additional evidence from you in the past few weeks?

Thanks.
Reply 6
Hi.

Right, thanks. So, have the Migrant Worker team requested any additional evidence from you in the past few weeks?

Thanks.

No. They said that they have everything they need.
Original post by dzonas
No. They said that they have everything they need.

Hi.

In that case, it's unclear why the payments are blocked. Once the Migrant Worker team accept the evidence, the payments are released.

We will really need to access your account to see what needs to be done here. I appreciate you've called before, but please do so again on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks.
Reply 8
Hi.

In that case, it's unclear why the payments are blocked. Once the Migrant Worker team accept the evidence, the payments are released.

We will really need to access your account to see what needs to be done here. I appreciate you've called before, but please do so again on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks.

I forgot to mension that on the letter they sent to me its saying that correspondence I sent will be reviewed by one of Student Finance Assessors within the next 6-8 weeks. How is that possible ?
Original post by dzonas
I forgot to mension that on the letter they sent to me its saying that correspondence I sent will be reviewed by one of Student Finance Assessors within the next 6-8 weeks. How is that possible ?

Hi.

Overall, an application (from the day it's submitted) can take 6-8 weeks to be fully approved.

However, timescales for evidence are much quicker. For example, it will take the Migrant Worker team no more than 13 working days to review any evidence you send.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending