The Student Room Group

Kendall Jenner is turning out to be just like her sisters... :(

Those who don't like watching/talking about/ reading about the Kardashians this thread obviously isn't for you ... but I'm not going to get in the way of the pleasure u get from moaning so let it all out

I thought Kendall was the one hope that family had of a well rounded, down to earth and compassionate person... but recently it seems the modelling world has turned her into a self obsessed airhead. I remember when she had her 13th birthday party or something and insisted all presents were for a charity or whatever... now she just seems vain and obsessed with her image... I mean I know it's her job but she has a platform which she recognises she could use for good but I just don't really see it.

Maybe others disagree this is just the vibe I am getting!

Scroll to see replies

And? Why do you care?
Original post by Moura
Those who don't like watching/talking about/ reading about the Kardashians this thread obviously isn't for you ... but I'm not going to get in the way of the pleasure u get from moaning so let it all out

I thought Kendall was the one hope that family had of a well rounded, down to earth and compassionate person... but recently it seems the modelling world has turned her into a self obsessed airhead. I remember when she had her 13th birthday party or something and insisted all presents were for a charity or whatever... now she just seems vain and obsessed with her image... I mean I know it's her job but she has a platform which she recognises she could use for good but I just don't really see it.

Maybe others disagree this is just the vibe I am getting!

how do you know what she's like as a person? How she portrays herself in the limelight probably isn't very representative of her character. Ofcourse she is vain, she's a model. She has to be. Everybody that builds up their brand by using social media is vain.

It's not her job to 'do good' in the world.
Awwwh thanks for giving us a platform to moan :h:
Ngl, It's one of my favourite hobbies
Reply 4
I never liked Kendall. The only reason she is a model is because of Kim, yet she claims she made it all on her own and even told Kim not to attend some of her runway shows, because she didn't want Kim to take all the attention. She also said she doesn't want to be associated with KUWTK as much and would like to reduce her appearances on the show. I just think Kendall is very ungrateful and has leached off the Kardashian fame, but likes to pretend that she made it all on her own.
If it wasn't for Kim, I guarantee Kendall would not be a model right now. She would just be another average looking white girl.
Reply 5
She's not even a Kardashian lol
Original post by Petulia
I never liked Kendall. The only reason she is a model is because of Kim, yet she claims she made it all on her own and even told Kim not to attend some of her runway shows, because she didn't want Kim to take all the attention. She also said she doesn't want to be associated with KUWTK as much and would like to reduce her appearances on the show. I just think Kendall is very ungrateful and has leached off the Kardashian fame, but likes to pretend that she made it all on her own.
If it wasn't for Kim, I guarantee Kendall would not be a model right now. She would just be another average looking white girl.

average looking? really?
Reply 7
Original post by hezzlington
how do you know what she's like as a person? How she portrays herself in the limelight probably isn't very representative of her character. Ofcourse she is vain, she's a model. She has to be. Everybody that builds up their brand by using social media is vain.

It's not her job to 'do good' in the world.

Never claimed to have met her have I obviously I am talking about her public appearance, which is pretty much everywhere if you watch the show etc. If I had her on speed dial I would probably not be making this post.
Reply 8
Original post by Petulia

I do think she is beautiful but yeah if she was Lauren from the estate she wouldn't be famous because she wouldn't have the contacts but I think to be taken seriously by proper fashion designers that can be quite snobby I do think she probably had to work quite hard to get past the Kardashian name which they probably found quite trashy. Then again maybe not cos it would be publicity for them
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
no problem, I'm a kind soul
Original post by Moura
Never claimed to have met her have I obviously I am talking about her public appearance, which is pretty much everywhere if you watch the show etc. If I had her on speed dial I would probably not be making this post.

I just don't really know what you were expecting from kardashians/models ?
Also, if you want a Kardashian to look up to, it's Kourtney. She doesn't do anything without considering her kids first. She's opted out of so many opportunities with the other sisters because she didn't want to leave her kids. She likes the Dash stores to be her main source of income and that's what she puts the most focus on career wise, because it's the most stable option for her. She's also the only sister who openly admits to the surgery that she's had (boob job), and besides that, I genuinely don't think she's had anything else major done. She is constantly in the gym working out and earning that butt shape, and she is very serious about eating healthy. I think her butt is the only real one, the rest of them have lipo and fat injections. People who actually watch the show and follow her on social media will know already that she's actually very different from her sisters, and could very easily live without the game and money.
Reply 12
I just don't really know what you were expecting from kardashians/models ?

I am saying that she used to seem relatively down to earth for someone in her family/position and that seems to have slowly changed since she joined the modelling world and asking if anyone else who watches the show/is interested agrees

also I don't really think it's fair to say "what do you expect from models"... you can't judge them all just because of their employment
(edited 7 years ago)
average looking? really?

If you've been watching the show since the first series, you'll know that she's had lip injections and a lot of her shoots are very heavily photoshopped (especially her legs and arms). Besides that, her face isn't much different to any other brown haired white girl. Not saying she isn't pretty, but if she wasn't born into fame then she wouldn't be a model today.
Reply 14
Original post by Petulia
Also, if you want a Kardashian to look up to, it's Kourtney. She doesn't do anything without considering her kids first. She's opted out of so many opportunities with the other sisters because she didn't want to leave her kids. She likes the Dash stores to be her main source of income and that's what she puts the most focus on career wise, because it's the most stable option for her. She's also the only sister who openly admits to the surgery that she's had (boob job), and besides that, I genuinely don't think she's had anything else major done. She is constantly in the gym working out and earning that butt shape, and she is very serious about eating healthy. I think her butt is the only real one, the rest of them have lipo and fat injections. People who actually watch the show and follow her on social media will know already that she's actually very different from her sisters, and could very easily live without the game and money.

Yeah actually this is very true! I didn't even think of her. I think the way she has acted with the whole Scott situation is really great too especially concerning the kids, not many women would.
Original post by Petulia
If you've been watching the show since the first series, you'll know that she's had lip injections and a lot of her shoots are very heavily photoshopped (especially her legs and arms). Besides that, her face isn't much different to any other brown haired white girl. Not saying she isn't pretty, but if she wasn't born into fame then she wouldn't be a model today.

A lot of models have cosmetic enhancements. Sure, she might not of been scouted if she wasn't born into fame. And all models are almost universally photoshopped.
Original post by Moura
I am saying that she used to seem relatively down to earth for someone in her family/position and that seems to have slowly changed since she joined the modelling world and asking if anyone else who watches the show/is interested agrees

also I don't really think it's fair to say "what do you expect from models"... you can't judge them all just because of their employment

I wasn't judging. I was just saying what exactly do you expect from them?
Original post by Moura
I do think she is beautiful but yeah if she was Lauren from the estate she wouldn't be famous because she wouldn't have the contacts but I think to be taken seriously by proper fashion designers that can be quite snobby I do think she probably had to work quite hard to get past the Kardashian name which they probably found quite trashy. Then again maybe not cos it would be publicity for them

Some of the biggest names that Kendall is now working with like Karl Lagerfeld, actually worked with Kim way before Kendall was a model. Kris is their manager and she's the one with all of the contacts, and I remember it was actually Kim who took Kendall to her first runway trial. It was Kim's name and contacts that got her there in the first place, and she decided on her own that she thought the Kardashian name was trashy, and started detaching herself from it as soon as she started to become successful. I think it's really snakey the way she tells Kim not to attend her shows when she's the one who got her there in the first place and supported her before anyone else did.
This surprises you....:colone:
Original post by Petulia
Some of the biggest names that Kendall is now working with like Karl Lagerfeld, actually worked with Kim way before Kendall was a model. Kris is their manager and she's the one with all of the contacts, and I remember it was actually Kim who took Kendall to her first runway trial. It was Kim's name and contacts that got her there in the first place, and she decided on her own that she thought the Kardashian name was trashy, and started detaching herself from it as soon as she started to become successful. I think it's really snakey the way she tells Kim not to attend her shows when she's the one who got her there in the first place and supported her before anyone else did.

yeah but where would kim be without paris hilton or the sex tape. where would paris hilton be without daddy or her sex tape...?

It's always the same old story.

Quick Reply

Latest